Tyrus

Off the Wall

I built this shelter for my KK and offset trailer to shelter them but, that idea became a shadow of the past as my desired area became a thought for my wife's new propane fire pit. Now don't worry gentlemen, as soon as the weather changes I'll move those heavy BBQ pieces into position and all will be complete, done, written and composed, never to be repeated or moved, almost certain, you now what I mean, just be sure she's out shopping when you do the deed. Well, I've seen so many nice structures built and posted here I thought my small whimzical rendition may apply in it's setting for consideration as a thought.  The structure and floor took two weeks to build and came in at around 1K and it took that long because I'm older than the wood I was laying down. The forested background and distance from the house said, "make it simple." I do believe it's a nice spot to toss a few back, thought of Steve as I remember he liked the afternoon cordial so much. Now to Steve and too all the others that have spent so much to get there areas together and make the journey,  your  show pieces are magnificent..........I'd have done the same except for two reasons.......that woulda taken 6 weeks of WORK,,,,,,,,,,,,, and besides will be moving to Florida sometime soon enough?

DSCF2347.JPG

DSCF2348.JPG

DSCF2352.JPG

DSCF2349.JPG

• Like 6

@Tyrus, your shelter is whimsical indeed. Good to see your Coca Cola cooler making an appearance too.  I hate to bring everything back to money but I would be prepared wager a princely sum that you won't be moving your smoker or any other form of BBQ into that space anytime soon.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Excuses, excuses.  I thought I was safe with "anytime soon".  If I were your wife I would hold out at least until the autumn.  By then I could reasonably be judged to have won the bet.  

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The plan is to move all that stuff, bring in cookers and one chair and leave me with the cooler. It's a mission and a plan I'll undertake as soon as the time is ripe...under cover darkness. Oh ya Bruce, plenty of room, 11'6" x 11'6", with room to expand if the need arises.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

If you're not willing to kick your wife out of the shelter to make room for the KK then a small addition out the side would do the trick. 

As you are well aware anything with moving the Queen off her throne must be handled "delicately" as the WW of the West once said. The plans are afoot as we speak my dear Watson but please let me sit back in my chair and ponder on that awhile. In due time my pretty, in due time

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Steve M said:

Awesome space! I like how you incorporated the original kk sign from the packing crate. I planned on doing something similar but ran out of space in the end. Cooler looks great too. Is it full yet? :drinkers:

If memory serves me correctly I remember your area as being so comfortable and spatial. You could dado out the letters on a smaller board and layin some colored epoxy and place it where you want, a condensed version that would look pretty cool in your area and have a signature feel about it. Incidentally the joists I layed were built into the ground and locked in with a ton and half of 3/4 stone for head clearance and the ability to bring the offset on and off. Keeps the rain off my head, as for now the cookers remain spread about but once moved in I'll have a better chance of leaving them there. Is it full yet,,,a rack of beer would look lonely down in there, waiting on an event. Too big a challenge for one, something designed for many, although I can toss a few back once the train gets rollin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve M said:

I did incorporate the logo into the back splash but it is really subtle, maybe too subtle. I still have the original but it is sitting in the corner of my garage waiting on an idea.

Here's to a great weekend and the occasional train whistle! 

I know you'll not disappoint. Seriously though,,,,the transit authority train service travels by this area and that whistle blows at crossings all the time at a distance, gonna have ta get some ear muffs. Daughters wedding shower here tomorrow with 40 ladies and the KK will be earning it's worth. A great weekend to you all

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.