ckreef

Lamb Shank Steak

8 hours ago, Basher said:

That looks perfect.
Lamb shank steak?? Never heard of that. Is it the bottom of the rump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, tekobo said:

That looks really delicious @ckreef.  I love pink lamb but would never have imagined that lamb shank could stand that treatment.  Like @Basher, I am interested how/where it was cut from on the animal.  

Not sure about the actual cut. I think they were labeled lamb Shank Steak but my memory could be fading - LOL. Strangely enough I get these at Walmart. They are sold in 2's in a cryopac. I've gotten them a few times and they aren't bad. Next time I get some I'll post a picture of the pac. 

8 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Wonderfully prepared taking advantage of two KK's.  Is there a basket splitter in the 19 or 16?  Anyhow the shank as you have there is the lower portion of the leg below the shoulder, generally it has the bone in.

No basket splitter.  Grill Grates in the 16", heat deflector/drip pan in the 19". Two KK's is a minimum in my world. B) with just me and Mrs skreef 2 smaller KK's is just fine. 

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) with my latest acquisition (will post soon) a 42" KK is now officially off the table. 

Edited by ckreef
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yum

Lamb Shank Steak. Forward seared on the 16" KK then 300* coasting to 130* IT on the 19" KK. Served with leftover mashed potatoes and corn. 

lss1.thumb.jpg.8a0975b0ce1c4a87dd1dbe2c29844fd4.jpg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.recipes.co.nz/MEAT%2BCUTS/lambcuts/lamblegsteaks.html&ved=2ahUKEwjg6aK1sIXoAhXo4XMBHbMsAHEQFjAMegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3bb-rOtGIN-VfCwZLQxYH7.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk