Aussie Ora

Whole roasted pumpkin soup

Thought I would try out the recipie from weber .https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.weber.com/AU/en/recipes/veggies/whole-roast-pumpkin-soup/weber-198773.html&ved=2ahUKEwif9vHS94XqAhXZwjgGHWxwBCUQFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2eaE6IxjMU2n9MEOl_TMeO. Cut a hole in the lid and scraped out the seeds. 41e31adf26e55edf77c50c54c924175f.jpg.mixed up some cloves cinnamon nutmeg and purple crack.7f00e226a2e8d4440ae3571ead32a737.jpg.in goes the onion and garlic.80e3b4c3b86e355a4759b562f0a04c63.jpg.evoo and spices all mixed up.7484a72d3d3d108a3e634f2820dd6b22.jpg.I stuffed up the lid but improvised. b536a0c35df6cf1983c38ab713a7d2e2.jpg.Ready to go .5d3e55049617d9ff88f091a046549d21.jpg. On it goes for 2 hours.df0e409623f101ad60dfb8e8fe4b8c00.jpg.

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I threw in a couple of small hickory chunks .could definitely taste a Smokey flavour .tasted great .as for the lid great question. this is the first time trying it . So just went with the flow .concidering this is a weber recipe dry heat the seal makes sense but the KK being able to retain moisture .I could see it working ..

Did it pick up much charcoal flavors? 
Do you think it would have had more flavor/ been better left open?

On 6/16/2020 at 2:57 PM, AJR said:

I have never in my life wanted to try pumpkin soup...until just now.  Looks fantastic, Aussie.

I am with you @AJR.  I have never seen the point of soup and don't think I have ever eaten pumpkin soup.  @Aussie Ora's posts are always good to see and challenge me because I am not mad on low n slow ribs either but his cooks always look soooo good.  

• Like 4

We made this on the same night Aussie cooked his pumpkin.

https://cookieandkate.com/creamy-vegan-pumpkin-soup/
Hands down the best pumpkin soup I’ve ever had. With buttered crusty rye bread
The cloves and coconut milk are the winner.
The only recipe change would be to smoke the pumpkin in the KK. Pumpkin absorbs smoke more than most other foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jonj said:

🙀   Please, please, say it isn't so!

There is worse.  I  love pork ribs but I like them done fast. I also discovered a beef short rib recipe that you could do quickly on a plancha and I prefer that too.  None of this is intended to  take away from @Aussie Ora's preeminence in the rib department. His cooks almost tempt me to give low and slow ribs another go.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was looking at that .

We made this on the same night Aussie cooked his pumpkin.

https://cookieandkate.com/creamy-vegan-pumpkin-soup/
Hands down the best pumpkin soup I’ve ever had. With buttered crusty rye bread
The cloves and coconut milk are the winner.
The only recipe change would be to smoke the pumpkin in the KK. Pumpkin absorbs smoke more than most other foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the beauty of bbq .it's so diverse would love to see your ribs on the plancha. There are so many ways to do ribs .rotisserie is good

There is worse.  I  love pork ribs but I like them done fast. I also discovered a beef short rib recipe that you could do quickly on a plancha and I prefer that too.  None of this is intended to  take away from [mention=2714]Aussie Ora[/mention]'s preeminence in the rib department. His cooks almost tempt me to give low and slow ribs another go.  

• Like 1