RokDok

Good Evening from Sydling St Nicholas UK

1 hour ago, RokDok said:

Tekebo - which silicon seal was it that needed replacing ? I think I should possible order a spare ?

Hi RD.  I have not replaced any silicon seal as far as I can remember.  Is there a particular post that you are referring to?

1 hour ago, RokDok said:

I haven't heard back from Dennis for six days - I guess he knows that people chop and change their order.

He is busy selling KKs faster than he can answer the phone I think.  You just need to make contact again if you want to make changes. Worth writing to the nice people in his office - Mimi and Dewi - and copying him in.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron Hixon said:

Our mutual friend Debi used to call me Bill, because as the song says:

Met him on a Monday and my heart stood still
Da doo ron ron ron
Da doo ron ron
Somebody told me that his name was Bill
Da doo ron ron ron
Da doo ron ron

@Ron Hixon I only found out we had a mutual friend because you used your real name on the forum.  I think you have now fashioned your self a new moniker.  Arise, Sir Bill.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@tekobo - ahh I thought I read somewhere that someone that someone cooked pizza at consistently high temperatures and that a seal or gasket needed replacing. I thought it was you - may be a senior moment of mine.

I can't use the general enquires contact form - won't take my phone number or my postcode , so I've mailed Dennis directly again with a slightly amended order.

Best

RD

Hi @RokDok your KK will come with a small box of tools and spares that include a gasket.  I have rarely had to open the box in over two years of ownership but it gives you good back up.  I have also had orders for new stuff like the new design for the bracket for the hot-cold smoker arrive in the post from Indonesia super quick anyway.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RokDok said:

@Braai-Q It's not that I'm a softie, it's just that with wind and rain I think it would be difficult to keep a kettle weber up to temperature. I am though , as you intimate thinking about something to keep the rain off when cooking in the KK. 

Didn't think you were a softie, I'm just used to the 'extreme BBQ' posts on the forum. There is a picture here of someone's cook in Minnesota or Russia, I can't remember which but they had to dig out their KK and clear a path to it. That's commitment! Has anyone told you about the free goat you get if you order a 42KK?

I think my defiance of the British weather and commitment to BBQ will beat the worst of the English weather. Although with 60MPH winds on Saturday, I did open the patio doors and realised it was pretty inclement when even the dog wouldn't come out to supervise me!

Umbrella is a good starting point for me. Mrs RD must know some catatonic yoga position where she could hold it. Thirty hour slow cook could be pushing it though.

As someone who has been forcibly committed to yoga (it's a long story), you can sell Mrs RD on the concept as 'Tree' but with shade (the umbrella). The only time you're actually exposed to the elements is when you're setting the fire, adjusting the flue and putting the meat on. Probably about 15 - 20 mins. It's a lot less appealing grilling in awful weather but having said that, I did put on a waterproof this morning and got a distinct waft of Peri Peri Chicken and one of our umbrellas drops the scent of pork butt and brisket on you when you open it. 😁

BQ - Telehandler - point taken I'll check out further, but might leave it a while : I made tentative enquiries yesterday about "Funky Cow" whilst posting an eBay parcel off ( the farmhouse doubles as the post office ) . Suffice to say Mrs Farmer was not impressed. All the cows have names and Mr Farmer knows them all by the shape of their legs and udders. The thought that across the road I could be tucking into Daisy or Doreen did not appeal.

Oh to have been a fly on the wall. 😀  I can confirm that 'Funky Cow' is very good. 

I haven't heard back from Dennis for six days - I guess he knows that people chop and change their order.

I spoke to him a couple of days ago on WhatsApp so he is around but insanely busy. He appears to never sleep as I think it was gone 4am (his time) when he called me. Drop him a WhatsApp for a good time to catch him - he's always been good at getting back to me. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tekobo said:

@Ron Hixon I only found out we had a mutual friend because you used your real name on the forum.  I think you have now fashioned your self a new moniker.  Arise, Sir Bill.  

Works for me @tekobo I didn't really understand what I was doing when I signed up - so now I am "Sir Bill" :-)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just a note.. the baking stone and the baking steel are for different pies..
The steel is for the no yeast, flower and water, cracker crust Neapolitan pies..  very hot surface, quick to leopard the crust. 
It's NOT for the medium crust, yeast raised dough.. The baking stone is for these pies and baking bread. 

6 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Just a note.. the baking stone and the baking steel are for different pies..
The steel is for the no yeast, flower and water, cracker crust Neapolitan pies..  very hot surface, quick to leopard the crust. 
It's NOT for the medium crust, yeast raised dough.. The baking stone is for these pies and baking bread. 

@DennisLinkletter Thanks Dennis - we quite often do focaccia which would fit into the latter category- so, if I may I'd like to add the pizza stone to my order.

Many Thanks,

RD

On 10/5/2020 at 4:47 PM, RokDok said:

Thanks Dennis - we quite often do focaccia which would fit into the latter category- so, if I may I'd like to add the pizza stone to my order.

Many Thanks,

RD

You have passed our initiation @RokDok.  Influencing other KK forum members to do or buy things that they otherwise would not have is a key requirement.  I have added a pizza stone for my 23 to my order. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, tekobo said:

You have passed our initiation @RokDok.  Influencing other KK forum members to do or buy things that they otherwise would not have is a key requirement.  I have added a pizza stone for my 23 to my order. 

I am humbled to have this great honour bestowed upon me @tekobo.

Thank you.

Thanks for your confirmatory comments MK, Troble.

I have just wired my first payment to Dennis, and  see that  I have already been promoted to owner !!

Now, I haven't got the rib rack, but I don't suppose I'll be needing one.

Best

RD

• Like 1
  • Haha 2