DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Great looking shorties ali who is the butcher

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

Hey mate the Butcher is Ryan’s Quality Meats, proper butcher who have plenty of carcass on site and will cut whatever you like.

Both the ribs and pork belly come from them and both were superb! They’re near Jandakot
  • Like 1

Hey mate the Butcher is Ryan’s Quality Meats, proper butcher who have plenty of carcass on site and will cut whatever you like.

Both the ribs and pork belly come from them and both were superb! They’re near Jandakot
Kewl been to Ryans in the back lots of jandakot great butcher always ready to help .

Kewl been to Ryans in the back lots of jandakot great butcher always ready to help .

That’s the one, we went down and met them at the weekend.

They’re keen to sponsor us and we’re keen to work with them, they’ve got a great outlook on butchery, they like quality and old fashioned methods which resonates with us all in the team.
  • Like 1

That’s the one, we went down and met them at the weekend.

They’re keen to sponsor us and we’re keen to work with them, they’ve got a great outlook on butchery, they like quality and old fashioned methods which resonates with us all in the team.
I hit them up years ago for yank cuts I had to explain though lol .but their meat is great and with them getting on the low n slow means it's another go to butcher .awesome mate..

Bruce, it is an old story. One of my first KK cooks was to make nachos and since broccoli loves cheese I put it on my nachos and Tony gave me the gears for doing that so every now and then I like to tease him about it. Yes, I still put broccoli on the nachos if I have it at hand. :)

• Haha 2

That’s exactly what they want help with, the low n slow cuts are great from them now and they really understand the direction it’s all moving and what’s required / expected
Any direction you can take them .to make another go to butcher is awesome .they helped me at the start .but once I found Raymond enough said

Any direction you can take them .to make another go to butcher is awesome .they helped me at the start .but once I found Raymond enough said

Yep for sure, Troy and Ray are great, they needed some guidance at the start too though, we’re hoping to make Ryan’s as good as the other two and make another go to butcher, now just to get one near ocean reef lol
  • Like 1

Yep for sure, Troy and Ray are great, they needed some guidance at the start too though, we’re hoping to make Ryan’s as good as the other two and make another go to butcher, now just to get one near ocean reef lol
All the butchers I went to needed guidance. Was showing them pictures you tube clips lol

All the butchers I went to needed guidance. Was showing them pictures you tube clips lol

Absolutely! Completely remember when getting a decent brisket or pork butt was like conducting a drug deal, speak to some bloke/s you’d never met before, arrange the goods and the meet in a car park to pay for and receive said goods :)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Absolutely! Completely remember when getting a decent brisket or pork butt was like conducting a drug deal, speak to some bloke/s you’d never met before, arrange the goods and the meet in a car park to pay for and receive said goods default_smile.png
Lol bit like raiding orcharchards for smoking wood

• Like 2

Sorry bout lack of finished pics, but got side-tracked with visitors.

Decided to do Syzyies Spanish potatoe dish to go with 2 roti chickens....brined for 1 day and cooked at 300F for around 2hours, wood used was plum and sandalwood (fist size of each), all meat was juicy and tender but skin needed to be a bit more crispy for my liking.IMG_0966.thumb.JPG.0d0d5b3e7b6b45748fd69370574418a5.JPG

Was really impressed with doing the Spanish dish in the Cazuela for the 1st time,...the Cazuela really is an extension to using a cooker such as the KKIMG_0967.thumb.JPG.5de0ae9b6a834cbf53d1176a1fba846f.JPG

Every 45mins the dish came out for a toss until tender, which in this case was the same time the chooks were ready, its a side or a dish that has made my little black book.IMG_0968.thumb.JPG.385ff5186833ac270dfbb502e7c188ca.JPG

I think need to use the full basket next time

Edited by BonFire
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Making good use of those bone from the rotisserie chicken - stock

I love homemade stock and used to do it all the time, but stopped because the all day simmer method is...time consuming. This is where the Instant Pot has come to the rescue. Same ingredients, but one hour under pressure and I’m back in the stock game! Great use for roti chicken carcasses. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

BonFire, the chicken cook and the Spanish Potato Casserole look delicious. :) 

BTW, if you have any potato casserole left it does warn up rather nicely. 

I wish I had takin a foto not only did it taste great but looked fantastic, it would've warmed up nicely but I think even unheated the well rounded heat from the Alleppo pepper and Maras chilli would've also made a nice sandwich or topping on a slice off one of those breads I seen created on here.

I couldn't put it to the test MacKenzie, the family was asking for more once it was gone :smt026

• Like 1