DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

4 hours ago, tekobo said:

For some reason I thought you lived in California Paul.  Obviously not with those temperatures!  

He does, just north of Napa Valley. They've just had crazy weather all year now. Torrential rains and lots of snow. 

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, tekobo said:

For some reason I thought you lived in California Paul.  Obviously not with those temperatures!  

I do live in California. In a little community at about 3,000' - 3,200' elevation. Heck we got over 7' of rain this season. 

17 hours ago, tekobo said:

Great looking paella @remi!  I love paella but don't think I dare try and make some for our Italian friends.  They love food but the Venetians think that Tuscan food is foreign let alone trying to impose an import from Spain!

Very true- whereas in Australia, being an immigration nation, most people cook all sorts of cuisine in their weekly routine... and no one gets too precious about anything food related, which is great.

Edited by remi
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 1:55 AM, remi said:

Very true- whereas in Australia, being an immigration nation, most people cook all sorts of cuisine in their weekly routine... and no one gets too precious about anything food related, which is great.

Yeah, I lived in Sydney for a year in 1998 and visited a number of different locations in Australia about ten years later.  Your food just kept getting better and better.  Lots to be happy about.  We fell in love with Movida Next Door in Melbourne  just because we enjoyed losing an afternoon at the bar eating tapas and talking nonsense.  We have never managed to quite recreate that joyful experience anywhere else.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tekobo said:

Yeah, I lived in Sydney for a year in 1998 and visited a number of different locations in Australia about ten years later.  Your food just kept getting better and better.  Lots to be happy about.  We fell in love with Movida Next Door in Melbourne  just because we enjoyed losing an afternoon at the bar eating tapas and talking nonsense.  We have never managed to quite recreate that joyful experience anywhere else.  

Yep- Movida and the sister restaurants are all great.. the dining scene in Melbourne is outstandingly good. I am very very lucky!

• Like 1

Yep- Movida and the sister restaurants are all great.. the dining scene in Melbourne is outstandingly good. I am very very lucky!

I’m over in Perth, but always really enjoy my trips to Melbourne.

We ate at a place called San Telmo the last time we were there, absolutely fantastic food and wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

It’s been a busy month or so with visitors- and we have my father in law staying for a few days this time. For tonight, it was a tandoori marinated lamb leg, cooked indirect at 400F until medium rare. Served with lemon wedges, coriander, habenaro mango hot sauce, fragrant raita, salad, rice and roti. Everyone happy as per usual with a KK dinner!

IMG_8493.jpeg

IMG_8494.jpeg

IMG_8492.jpeg

IMG_8496.jpeg

IMG_8497.jpeg

• Like 8

On 5/10/2024 at 1:15 PM, alimac23 said:

I’m over in Perth, but always really enjoy my trips to Melbourne.

We ate at a place called San Telmo the last time we were there, absolutely fantastic food and wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give "The Bar" at Victor Churchills a shot. Great experience. Butcher's Dinner at the top of Burke Street is also a great spot. 

I miss the Melbourne food scene a lot!!

• Thanks 1