DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Not intentional. I had taken them with my phone and downloaded them via Google+ to post here. It made them very small - 20KB. So, this time is wasn't the Forum software's fault (for once!). I may see if they get larger if I directly email them to myself off the camera. 

I like to cook chicken direct on the KK at temps of 400 or higher only turning it one time and the greater distance between the coals and the bird gives a more gentle heat. I had some brown sugar in the spice rub and it probably would have burned at a lower level at those temps for that length of time.  Plus the radiant heat from the dome helps to crisp the skin. 

Tonight's cook was pizza.  First one is home smoked Salmon and capers.  Second is pepperoni mushroom and cheese.

Bake temperature was about 525 - 550 on top rack on a 1" thick soap stone that we had lying around as i have not had a chance to get the Pizza stone ordered yet.

post-1830-0-88034200-1413423154_thumb.jp

post-1830-0-91314300-1413423190_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted Today, 06:29 PM

Tonight's cook was "country style" pork ribs. Two and half hours @ 325F (indirect) on main grill, smoking pot with hickory and apple woods, rubbed with Dizzy Dust; final 30 minutes closed up grill, with a basting of homemade BBQ sauce (a riff on NC style vinegar, but with some tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar tossed in). No in-process cook pics, just the final result. 

post-975-0-88562900-1413934063_thumb.jpg

Was feeling "Cubano," so the side was black beans and rice.