DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Haha thanks @tony b cant beat a good set of buns lol!

Congrats on the homebrew comp win. I also entered a comp last weekend, my entry caused an argument between the judges. One wanted to give it a 37, the other a 36.5 and the last judge, who also happens to be the BJCP trainer for Western Australia wanted to give it a 23, go figure!

Unfortunately, in the end, the other two newer judges come way down and i ended up with a score of 25, which sucks as if the third judge had have been up there with the other two then my beer would have had a shot at taking first place. Oh well, these things happen.

That's the way judging goes sometimes. If it was being judged by BJCP guidelines, it's not about if it's a tasty beer, but how closely it matches the guidelines for that particular beer style. I've judged beers that were very good, but had to score them lower because it didn't match the style. What did the judges say on your scoresheets? They should have provided feedback on how they arrived at their score. 

Simple dinner last night - very nice day to sit on the deck and have some Vinho Verde while dinner cooked. Chicken legs & thigh marinated in Uncle Dougie's (I injected some into the chicken, too) and a nice ear of corn. Direct, 350F, cherry wood chunk.

677689161_UncleDougiesCluck001.thumb.jpg.d6d8ce0e5c37b1e4a07da496e1186403.jpg

Plated up with some salad and crusty bread. Oh, and more Vinho Verde!

1396358942_UncleDougiesCluck003.thumb.jpg.3023d0848831dcc46c5becde6719f129.jpg

758305779_UncleDougiesCluck004.thumb.jpg.dc79d5fa6eb55423afab2fa296fe2193.jpg

Corn came from somewhere down south, but was still pretty good for this early in the season. 

• Like 5

Oh Boy after looking at all this wonderful looking and tasty looking food now I have to go get something to eat. Tonlythat picture of your dinner with the salad looks so yummy, my mouth is watering. 

Mac your burger and chips is making my  stomach grumble lol,nice pics.

David those tacos look yummy save one for  me lol.

and let us all have a silent thought for all our fallen hero’s this memorial day

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Inspired by all those glorious beef rib cooks by Aussie, I decided to give it a go today as my Memorial Day BBQ. 

Marinated in Korean BBQ Rib Sauce, then dusted with Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks. On the KK, indirect @ 250F with the smoker pot of mesquite & post oak chunks and a cup full of mixed fruit wood pellets (apple, cherry & peach). The last 45 minutes, tossed on an ear of corn.

1516129846_MemorialDayBeefRibs001.thumb.jpg.fd0d427a3e3d3776c198eb43acaa5312.jpg

Plated with some air-fryer spuds and a nice fruity Zin.

972680544_MemorialDayBeefRibs006.thumb.jpg.0b1bffc4d6611d13cc1a9c26c65e161c.jpg

The corn was surprisingly good for this early in the season. Obviously not local - I won't see any of that until after the 4th of July! 

• Like 6