MacKenzie

Potato Scallop and Pork Tenderloin

Put a potato scallop casserole on Pebble while the pork tenderloin was in the sous vide bath at 140F.

Scallop on the grill at 375F.

Z7dp4HY.jpg

Pork is cooked for 5 hours and now ready for searing.

Just remove the casserole and open the vents.

A41XWqH.jpg

Searing is done.

Q03TDI5.jpg

Sliced tenderloin.

iAkaury.jpg

Plated.

Cxup7nE.jpg

GoFrogs, you won't regret it. It does take some study to learn how to do things safely but once you get that mastered you will really enjoy the results. Pork tenderloin is to die for. I intended to SV it for 4 hours but I was behind making my casserole and it went for 5 hours, no harm done. SV can be very flexible on most things, eggs are not most things though. :)

Mac, you nailed it.  Serious question - you ever have a guest that wasn't comfortable eating pink pork.  We all know that SV at the right temp for the right time takes care of the bugs, but even if I explained the science to my wife, she wouldn't eat it...I just know she wouldn't.  And yes, she'd eat pink beef.  So much has been drilled into our heads about undercooked pork and chicken.

Thanks, everyone. :) I do have to admit that I really enjoyed this dinner.:)

Cookie, I know what you mean. It has taken me some time to convince those in the inner circle but I'm over that hump. One friend was a long hold out but even she has come around to enjoying SV. It took a lot of there are 2 ways to kill the bugs, hot and fast, or low and slow talks but I'm there. I would be reluctant to serve the pork tenderloin for the first dinner to someone that I don't know all that well.

SV can be very flexible on most things, eggs are not most things though. :)

Nor is shrimp! 

While I understand the historical (hysterical??) propaganda against "undercooked" pork, there is absolutely nothing to fear. If you'll eat rare/medium rare beef, you should have no qualms about eating pork cooked the same way. It's perfectly safe. I ALWAYS cook my pork chops to medium rare. Tender, juicy = perfect!!!