ckreef

Chicago Style Pizza Boats

Personal sized Chicago style deep dish pizza cooked without a pan (boat fashion).

I got this idea from@MacKenzie and her breakfast boat, I knew the idea had lots of potential. TY for posting that cook.

I started with a batch of my deep dish pizza dough divided in two. I made a traditional Chicago style deep dish - sliced mozzarella on the bottom, Italian sausage, sauce and a final sprinkle of shaker cheese. While adding the ingredients I folded up the sides to make it a self contained boat.

123462c1779f06a922fe179950fd08e6.jpg

I baked it in the KK using the upper rack and pizza stone at 452*. After 10 minutes I pulled it and added a little shredded parmesan, some fresh sliced mozzarella and a few pepperoni.

31664d69f134b16432a117edb50fe280.jpg

I put it back in and baked it another 15 minutes.

8492914f4de03abd92f347eaa633d643.jpg

Not bad for my first attempt although next time I'm cooking it at 450*. This has a lot of potential for other dishes not just pizza. Here are a few ending shots.

064d91e071b781851dc0367e69f6b3b0.jpg

efc635d2428be2bde85eafca102003a5.jpg

99d0f4d5ddaad2b579011f5f32a52b06.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

TY everyone. We got rained out of work yesterday. I was up at 7:00 and figured the dough needed a 2 hour rise so that would be perfect for a late breakfast/early lunch. About 30 minutes before the rise was over (with a fully heat soaked KK) they called and wanted me to come in to help on a special project. I told them it would have to wait a bit - no stopping grilled pizza - LOL

Credit for the creativity goes to@MacKenzie

@tinyfish Yea I'm trying out different ideas. Still not sure where I'll go with that challenge but doesn't look like anyone wants to pick that category until the end.

Charles...........great rainy day cook!!!  

However................I do believe that you need to get a job that calls you off when the sun comes out!!!!   :-D  

I completely agree but then I wouldn't be cooking, I'd be riding the motorcycle ;-)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On April 12, 2016 at 6:12 PM, ckreef said:

I baked it in the KK using the upper rack and pizza stone at 452*. After 10 minutes I pulled it and added a little shredded parmesan, some fresh sliced mozzarella and a few pepperoni.

[snip]

Not bad for my first attempt although next time I'm cooking it at 450*.

Now THAT’S attention to detail. ^_^

Seriously, that’s a great take on Chicago deep dish pizza.

• Like 1