bosco

Tri-Tip back in season

I was in Vegas two weeks ago and when I hit a local supermarket I was shocked to see all the tri tip and how cheap they were. 

Fast forward to yesterday, I stopped by my local supermarket yesterday in Ontario Canada and they started carrying tri-tip again for the summer at double the price that it was in Vegas.... but I don't care.  This is my absolute favourite cut of meat so I took two of them home with me and some fresh corn on the cob. 

I mixed up my recipe for Santa Maria rub that I have missed.  It is a mix of salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne

Loaded up the 23" and got it to 400.  Added corn that was soaking in a sugar water bath all afternoon to the top grill to start.  

Added one tri-tip first then about 15 min later the second.  Everything finished perfectly and it was an awesome meal last night.  The only issue was that I had one too many drinks by the pool and wasn't able to fully appreciate the meal.  Out cool by 7pm last night lol.  Fun day with the family and I hope the leftovers will still allow me to appreciate the taste that I have missed for over a year.

_DSC1879.jpg_DSC1884.jpg_DSC1891.jpg_DSC1894.jpg_DSC1904.jpg_DSC1897.jpg_DSC1906.jpg_DSC1908.jpg

• Like 1

Ryan - you may have been well into your cups last evening, but even then, Friend, you can turn out a beautiful cook!  Congrats and kudos on this cook.  Very nice indeed!

Hey, while I've got your attention, care to share the Santa Maria Rub recipe you're using?  Sounds scrumptious!

Thanks CC it was a good meal and I am sure that I will appreciate the leftovers even more today. 

As for the rub recipe it's very simple yet packed with flavour 

bosco's Santa Maria rub

1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp fine ground black pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp oregano 
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp sage powder
1 tbsp of dried rosemary or fresh chopped

• Like 1

Very nice looking cook.  I like the idea of doing the Tri Tips on the lower grill.  That is something I would never thought of doing as to having to take off the top grill to get to the Tri Tips.  Were they cooked indirect and at what temp did were they taken off ?

Makes my mouth water looking at the sliced Tri Tip.

I went to the Grand Opening of a good friend's bar and restaurant just down the road  saturday night.. The VIP area had free drinks all night and it seemed like my wife never let me see the bottom of my champagne glass..  ARGH came home, went straight to bed slept thru three alarms and basically took the night off.. Slept most of Sunday with a case of the bubbly flu..

Great Tri Tip cook Ryan

• Like 2