Pequod

How Many, What Size, Where/How to Deploy?

Yep, that's the one. You will likely get Dennis' latest upgrades for the adjustable/locking shafts and mounting bracket, so you should be set when it all arrives.

I just took delivery on the cold smoker yesterday, so I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet, but soon. You immediately notice how well built it is - just like everything Dennis makes! I have wood chips from Fruita being delivered tomorrow. Still need to get the aquarium pump and tubing. Had a plan to get high temp silicon tubing from my local homebrewing supply store, but this is a really small ID and they probably don't carry anything this tiny. 

Your accessory list looks good. Sort of wish I had picked up a second basket. I have a galvanized trashcan that is doing that duty for slightly used charcoal.

I ordered 15 boxes of coco char and 25 of coffee char. The coco char lives up to its reputation for low and slow cooks - it seems to last forever. The coffee char has a really nice flavor in the couple of things I have cooked with it. I expect I will get some withdrawal pains when I get down to a couple of boxes of each. I would have ordered a couple of hundred pounds more at least if I did it over again.

I couldn't get any charcoal via lcl I went with the two side tables knowing I will eventually be making a home for my KK where they won't be needed but in the mean time they will come in handy .when I don't require them any more I will hang then up cause they look cool the cold smoker will be good to have but not now I'm just looking forward to getting to know the KK I went with the second basket plus I asked Dennis about the straight rod for the rotisserie to use with prongs and a basket he said he would throw in a proto type for me looking forward to that

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

Really excited for you HalfSmoke. Spring 2017 shure came early but we all knew it would ;-)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Charles! If I learn to use mine half as well as you do yours, I'm gonna need a bigger belt (to quote Richard Dreyfus in Jaws).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bosco said:

I am still waiting patiently to hear what tile you picked

Olive gold! This is the store pic of the one I picked:

image.jpeg

Told my daughter she could name it. I fear for what we'll end up with. :shock:

Edited by HalfSmoke
  • Like 1