MacKenzie

Sous Vide Bacon for Champagne Breakfast

Here's an idea for someone with big breakfast plans. Sous vide the whole package of bacon @ 147F for overnight or a few hours. It will then be cooked and tender. All that needs to be done after than is fry it up to crisp and colour it.

I just did a few strips in the SV to test this out and the bacon is very good, nice and tender, melts in your mouth. I really did like bacon done this way. :smt023 :smt023

Breakfast this morning to taste test the SV bacon.

SV Bacon Breakfast.jpg

Sous Vide Bacon.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tony b said:

@Jon B. - How do I swing an invite to next year's Champagne Breakfast? Sounds like a winner to me! :occasion5:

Tony,  I'll have my sister swing by and pick you up next year!!!!!  

Our family has been hosting this breakfast annually for over 30 years.  A few years ago Aunt Nancy hired a local kid to take a drone video of the breakfast as a surprise.  It turned out really well. 

Check it out 

Well done, Jon! I might take you up on that offer, ha, ha! I'd even be willing to brew a couple of beers for it. 

@Aussie Ora - MacKenzie is right; it's almost a "must have" in the kitchen. It's amazing all the things you can do with it. I would compare it to having a pressure cooker, as far as usefulness in the kitchen.