Jon B.

Fall Colors

6 hours ago, Jon B. said:

Ain't that the sad truth!!!!! 

Just noticed you're in Syracuse. I've done some work travel to Syracuse in Winter. Thought it was funny to find a snow scraper on the dashboard of my rental the first time I was there. After that I realized the necessity of it! Brutal! Found a good Thai restaurant there, though. Bangkok Thai, I think it was called. The owner makes a point of visiting every table and exclaiming, "Rock n' Roll!" 

11 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

Just noticed you're in Syracuse. I've done some work travel to Syracuse in Winter. Thought it was funny to find a snow scraper on the dashboard of my rental the first time I was there. After that I realized the necessity of it! Brutal! Found a good Thai restaurant there, though. Bangkok Thai, I think it was called. The owner makes a point of visiting every table and exclaiming, "Rock n' Roll!" 

Jeff,

Yes, We do get our fair share of snow.....I think we had about 10 feet last winter at work (just a little north of Syracuse).    The interesting part is that most of it comes from the wind blowing over Lake Ontario....lake effect snow.  I think we only had one real "storm" snow fall last winter.  The saving grace in this area is that we have the equipment to handle the snow.  I don't own a 4 wheel drive and have never had a problem getting to work.

The snow can be a pain in this area....................but no hurricanes, no earthquakes, rare tornadoes, lots of fresh water!  You just have to find things to do in the winter or find a warm tavern with lots of TV's!!!!.  

I have heard lots of good things about the Bangkok Thai Restaurant but have never been there........will check it out and report back.