erik6bd

Newbie from Arizona

Hi guys I'm Erik from Hot Sunny Arizona. I just ordered a Kamado Joe last week and it was supposed to be delivered today but last night I found the Komodo Kamado and totally fell in love with them so I canceled the order. Wow what a piece of art just blew me away. I am a foodie  snob and love cooking and it's time to move from my gas grill to a Kamado and really get some great food grilling. I am debating between the 19" tall and the 22" supreme as we are a family of 3 and are from Michigan with no family or friends to entertain. Any suggestions and photos would be greatly appreciated as I'm ready to order NOW. I can't wait To have one of these masterpieces on our patio ASAP.

IMG_2268.PNG

Edited by erik6bd
Spell check
  • Like 2

Hi Erik and welcome.

Go big or go home! Better to have the grill space and not need it than the other way around.

There's a ton of information in this forum. These folks are passionate! I suggest reading all you can.

1 hour ago, erik6bd said:

we are a family of 3 and are from Michigan with no family or friends to entertain

Well that may change when folks start smelling your KK cooking!  Again Welcome!

• Like 1

Erik, you are in for a real taste experience when you eat KK cooked food. It is perhaps hard to believe but there is a world of difference. You will get all your questioned answered if you call Dennis Linkletter. It will be the best call you ever made. He will be able answered every KK question you have and there will be no pressure.

Good call on cancelling the KJ order. My first Kamado was a Kamado Joe that I bought almost exactly one year ago today. Three months later I bought my first KK. I now own two KK's and no Kamado Joe's. Better to just get the right thing the first time.

The KK lineup is undergoing a slight transition in 2017, with a new 21" model coming soon. Your best bet is to call Dennis directly. He'll get you squared away with the right grill for YOU.

• Like 1

Good call on canceling that order you will love the food that comes off your kk as others have said its a world of difference

I have the 23 and have a family of 4 and its perfect for us like others have stated call dennis he will set u up with all your needs 

Glad you did a "grillus interruptus" and pulled out at the last minute! :smt043

You are going to be blown away once you start cooking on whichever model/size you pick over what you've been using before. As noted, most of us here are severely biased and passionate about these grills. They don't get any better!! 

Like others have said, call Dennis. He's wonderful and so helpful in helping you make the right choice of grill AND accessories to go with it. The hardest part of the decision will be to pick the color and tile style. Most importantly, when you order, get as many boxes of the Extruded Coconut and Coffee wood Charcoals & smoking wood as will fit on your pallet with your grill. It will be the cheapest you'll ever get it. 

• Like 1

Welcome and congratulations on coming to your senses and deciding to get a Komodo.  It is the best Kamado style cooker I have used and I have been using this style for 55 years!  I am retired and my wife and I don't entertain all that often but you will find you have more family and friends than you realized once you share some of the very tasty, moist, products from the KK.  We got the 32 so we could have cool areas and hot direct fire areas all in the same cooker and you can get into it to flip meats without burning your arm by going in from the cold side.

IMG_3278.JPG

• Like 1

Eric I live in the Valley also.  I would be happy to be one of your friends & get invited over to "initiate" your new KK...ha ha.  It has been a few months since your post, so maybe the initiation is past history.  What KK did you order?  Do you have it yet?  I'm still debating between a high top table model or the 23.  You migrated from Michigan, we from Wisconsin. Don't hold it against me.