tony b

My True Test that it's Summer

FINALLY! 

1798779644_KnightsCornStand.thumb.jpg.69a79ba4db8e9724edb990919fc602c9.jpg

The local roadside corn stands are up and running!!! Of course I stopped and picked up an ear for dinner!

161152313_Firstcornof2018.thumb.jpg.291b7ffd11d92676f805270aa78136f7.jpg

Was decent, but you could tell it's "early corn." Just didn't have the sweetness that it will have in a couple of weeks! BUT, much better than supermarket stuff that's probably almost a week old!

btw - duck sliders in Chinese bao, with glazed carrots in orange and sesame oils with tarragon and scallions. 

• Like 11

FINALLY! 
1798779644_KnightsCornStand.thumb.jpg.69a79ba4db8e9724edb990919fc602c9.jpg
The local roadside corn stands are up and running!!! Of course I stopped and picked up an ear for dinner!
161152313_Firstcornof2018.thumb.jpg.291b7ffd11d92676f805270aa78136f7.jpg
Was decent, but you could tell it's "early corn." Just didn't have the sweetness that it will have in a couple of weeks! BUT, much better than supermarket stuff that's probably almost a week old!
btw - duck sliders in Chinese bao, with glazed carrots in orange and sesame oils with tarragon and scallions. 

Dinner looks great .nothing beats a home made cart lol

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

8 hours ago, Steve M said:

I was expecting something cold and frosty. Corn's good too :)

To be honest, I started off with a Gin & Tonic - my "go to" drink when it's this hot! 

But, I'll make up for it this Saturday, as my homebrew club is pouring in the Quad Cities at a festival run by their homebrew club. Will quaff a few to beat the heat - ha, ha! :drinkers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the corn is a bit sub-par, cheat and put some fresh tarragon in the foil pouch with butter and S&P. It will enhance the sweetness. 

When the good stuff comes in, I just put it straight on the grill and let it roast in the husks. Easy, peasy!

• Like 2