Scotte

16" KK with Food Pictures please

Hi guys, I see that the 16" has just been discontinued. There is one I have had my eye on for a while and Dennis said I could still get one of the ones left over. Can yall help me with photos with food on the 16" I know its small but as im new and on a budget I want to make sure it can handle all of what I would like to do. Especially with the 2 cooking grates. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I see that the 16" has just been discontinued. There is one I have had my eye on for a while and Dennis said I could still get one of the ones left over. Can yall help me with photos with food on the 16" I know its small but as im new and on a budget I want to make sure it can handle all of what I would like to do. Especially with the 2 cooking grates. Thanks in advance.
Calling ckreef.

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

When I was looking to make my purchase, @Paul helped me out with some advice and a photo.  Here it is and good luck with your purchase!

On 8/16/2017 at 6:56 AM, Paul said:

Hello tekobo and welcome,

I think you're on the right track. I'm having pretty good success with cranking up the heat for searing while my low-n-slow is wrapped and resting in a cooler. And that's in a 16" TT. I've found most low-n-slow is better after an hour or better rest. That's more than enough of time to achieve the heat needed for a sear.

I think additional questions should be, "how many people am I going to be feeding?" Is a 19" large enough? Am I going to be doing more than low-n-slow and searing? Rotisserie and baking for example. To put it simply, you can't go wrong with the KK, just make sure you're getting one that fits all your needs.

Have you read this?  Forbes: The Best Made Grill On The Market Let's You Cook Or Smoke Anything

On 8/16/2017 at 7:29 AM, Paul said:

No doubt about it I will be purchasing a larger one in the near future. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy and impressed with the 16"...but I want more real estate. When my children visit the grill get pretty crowded.

Here's a pic of a 5 lbs tri tip and some artichokes. As you can see the grill is full.

Full Cook.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Scotte said:

Me too :smt023

Here are a couple: one of pork chops on the 16 KK grill; the other of the finished chops on a 1/4 jelly roll sheet for sizing comparison. I may have another photo with some strip steaks but I'll have to find them (I'm traveling today).

IMG_2620.thumb.jpg.bae171d6e580d22d9c8f4f5b25edcc0f.jpgIMG_2621.thumb.jpg.903a431a7d130cd2fadb1de8b53f1bb6.jpg 

Edited by jonj
they are pork chops, not pool chops...
  • Like 3

This photo is of a couple of regular sized Kansas City Strip steaks, likely 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pound each. Easily room for two more or ears of corn, small griddle for roasted vegetables, etc.

IMG_1586.thumb.jpg.9c579f29467409e9f223b70380264a86.jpg

The side-to-side width is roughly 3 1/2" more (16.5") than front-to-back. Dennis would have the exact dimensions. Mine is the older "Low Top" style.

Hope this helps.

Jon

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonj said:

This photo is of a couple of regular sized Kansas City Strip steaks, likely 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pound each. Easily room for two more or ears of corn, small griddle for roasted vegetables, etc.

IMG_1586.thumb.jpg.9c579f29467409e9f223b70380264a86.jpg

The side-to-side width is roughly 3 1/2" more (16.5") than front-to-back. Dennis would have the exact dimensions. Mine is the older "Low Top" style.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Yes there is room on the grate but the direct up from charcoal sweet spot is pretty much full here..
the outside area will not have the same heat/intensity of course..

Thanks so much! Does anyone have any pork butts or ribs that they have done? Or any with the top grate installed with food on both the main and top grill. I already bit the bullet and ordered so im excited to get it and start cooking!

Edited by Scotte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not sure which looks better, the KK or that hunk of pork :)

Great color

I'll try to give guidance on your Q's.

What side of the heat deflector goes down? One side is smoother than the other.

I have to leave this to others who have opened a heat deflector from a newer grill, I gave the one that came with mine to Tom because I ordered a shaped drip pan and use it for heat deflector.

How to you get the side tables on correctly?

Sorry, have to defer this one also, I do not own side wing tables.

How do you get the bottom door open to pull the tape off of it

The front door just pulls out. 

You will love cooking on this.

• Like 1