Car Doc

Two turkeys on Big Momo

Hello everyone. 

It is amazing that the Komodo Kamado cooker can provide excellent meals every time.  This was only my third cook on Big Momo, but by the compliments from everyone at the table, it would seem that I have done many cooks on it. 

I brined a non-basted bird and then injected a regular store basted bird with a creole butter mix. Then let both air dry in the fridge for awhile, then rubbed with a mix of butter and herbs on both birds. Also put apples, oranges, and some onion in the cavity.  I first set them up to smoke at 230 for an hour, then I raised the heat to 325 for the duration of the cook. They both finished within 2 degrees of each other. 

The brined bird was the better of the two with a little more smoke flavor, but the other was a little more moist maybe due to the injection. 

Those were two terrific birds and even the gravy from the drippings had a nice touch of the smokey flavor in it.  

Everyone at the table left fat and happy and all said multiple times that that may have been their best thanksgiving meal to date. 

My hat is off to you Dennis for creating an excellent cooking vessel that helps an average guy like me turn out excellent meals for my family and friends.

Thank you,

Car Doc

57A5A3EA-9401-472D-AA00-3AD4AD928DE3.jpeg

E3C60A40-82F8-433E-8FBD-871988B60229.jpeg

C6634575-A917-4467-8A76-26BDEF05601B.jpeg

• Like 6