tony b

Ribs in the Snow

Did a rack of baby backs for dinner last night. Thought it was cool to see the ribs (on plastic wrap) sitting in the snow on the side table before going on the grill. You can see the outline of the grate, too. 

1993226089_DannysRibs001.thumb.jpg.27963d79ff3bac1728e68777a0408e00.jpg

On the KK, indirect @ 250F, with smoker pot of hickory and peach wood. Rub was Dizzy Pig Crossroads. 

768074394_DannysRibs002.thumb.jpg.de5545dbf88cfa1eff0a9ef492ef6e70.jpg

Done. Was trying out a new sauce made by a BBQ guy over in IL, so the end of the rack got a bit of the sauce to try out. 2 coats @ 20 and 10 minutes left on the cook. Sauce was nothing to write home about - standard molasses based sauce with some onion bits and other spices. 

1414629859_DannysRibs004.thumb.jpg.7a2b8f154287fbe2558fdfef7e3b0a17.jpg

Served up with drunken baked beans (Bush's with extra bacon, diced onion, Penzey's Fox Point seasoning, and a shot of bourbon!) They were excellent!! And a nice Greek salad. (Sorry the pic is a bit blurry.)

722135481_DannysRibs005.thumb.jpg.0ac6396656e8107197d6ee8b6bbaface.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Pequod said:

What did you think of Crossroads?

To be honest, it's just so-so in my book compared to Dizzy Dust and some other rubs that I like. I used it because I'm trying to use it up - LOL! Plus, the experiment was for the sauce anyway, so I didn't want an aggressive rub on the ribs. 

7 minutes ago, tony b said:

To be honest, it's just so-so in my book compared to Dizzy Dust and some other rubs that I like. I used it because I'm trying to use it up - LOL! Plus, the experiment was for the sauce anyway, so I didn't want an aggressive rub on the ribs. 

That's my opinion too. Was wondering if anyone out there liked it. :smt023