ckreef

Mrs skreef's Accident

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I wanted to take a moment to thank you all. I seen the orthopedic Doctor today. I am scheduled for surgery in the morning at 7am. The Doctor said he didn't think there was nerve damage since I had feeling in my finger. But he didn't know bout my tendons and ligaments till he goes in. The x-ray is from today. Clear view of the break.

finger3.jpg

Can't wait till this is all over. The best thing that came out of this is a lonnnnggg vacation. And my workmans comp is good enough to pay the bills.. I feel really good about that. 

I def ready for some pampering with some  good food. Hope you are up to this pampering ckreef.. 

Edited by skreef
  • Like 1

The surgery went well. Very little nerve and tendon damage. He put a pin and a small plate in her finger. Plate stays forever but at some point in the future the pin will come out. First follow up appointment is Monday the 21st. They have her on oxycodone for pain. Attached is a x-ray with the pin and plate.

finger4.jpg

• Like 3

That definitely was a serious injury and you are pretty lucky, it could have been worse.  If you can still feel it and the muscles try to move it then you will recover, maybe not the same as before but it is survivable.

My doctors look at my medical record and say, "Wow, you have recovered from quite a lot" and I can tell you that I cannot pass the metal detectors nor the radiation detectors now :-)

BTW, how did it happen?

A speedy recovery to you.

Edited by FotonDrv
question
  • Like 1