tekobo

Getting my Goat - Not?

I am preparing for the arrival of my KKs.  House has been painted, space cleared on shelves and this weekend we will do a winter tidy of the garden to make space now that the scaffolding for the painting is down.   @sovsroc's post reminded me about the challenge with getting KKs off the pallet when an extra pallet is inserted under the one that the KK is packed on in Indonesia.  I have written to agent to see if the extra pallet can be removed before delivery.  He is looking into it.   I have been avoiding tracking my vessel..up to now.  I wanted to avoid stress and I thought it would be great to get the email, out of the blue, to tell me that my KKs have finally arrived in the UK.  However, I couldn't resist and I looked up the tracking for the vessel day before yesterday.  It is the MOL Treasure and even in a couple of days, the ETA to Rotterdam has slipped by half a day.  Patience is indeed a virtue.  

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Basher said:

NOW Tekobo I’m interested in knowing what you have ordered?
If I engaged too early, I’d be fatigued by now....... but now, I’m excited, for your surprise.
What should we expect?

No secret there - a 16, a 23 and a 32.  As for fatigue?  It is not possible to be fatigued while you are waiting for a KK, or three.  Dennis sent me photos of the finished KKs in September and I have been sneaking a look at them now and again to remind myself of what is coming my way.  You can't buy love but you can sure buy KK happiness!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, alimac23 said:

What’s the first cook for both of them going to be?

Yes, I am very excited.  No, I have not thought about the first cook at all.  I just received a lovely selection of rubs from @tony b and will certainly plan one of them into my first cook.  We have just had the announcement of tiers to follow our current lockdown.  We had been in tier 1 for months but are now in tier 2.  No friends indoors but you can meet in a group of up to six outdoors.  The KKs will provide a perfect excuse to gather in the garden.

1 hour ago, Basher said:

Now it’s all about the tile/ pebble colour choice.

Yes.  It is.  🤭

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 4

So near and yet so far.  The MOL Treasure will be going by near Portsmouth, where I live, in the next hour or so on its way to Rotterdam.  Should be heading back my way in a day or two.  The Husband says there is no point going down to the sea front to see if I can see the ship go by.  He reckons it will be about 20 miles out at sea.  Boo.  

1590337790_Screenshot2020-11-29at16_47_36.thumb.png.8d434a00b0a6cc2ee185f303de7df926.png

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Troble said:

@tekobo congratulations- I just caught up on this thread. Can’t wait to see what your ordered, but also equally curious as to what you plan to cook first to show off your newfound setup. Any ideas?

Thanks @Troble. I genuinely haven't thought much about my first cook.  Having had KKs before, it doesn't feel like a "first" cook either.  I think bread followed by  pizzas on the 32 is going to be the first big test of whether I made the right choice in moving up a size. Being able to get three loaves on at once with steam will be great and I can a) crank it up a little for the pizzas and b) use that cook as a test of  Dennis' factory burn in.  All good.    

• Like 6

Super exciting.  If all goes to plan, my ship will come in tomorrow. 

It has spent the last few days pootling around in the sea, waiting for a berth at port.  This is the plot for the last 24 hours:

328535946_Screenshot2020-12-07at15_37_23.thumb.png.945bf81e51068f71586c61dbc2f513a0.png

Here is its path into port at Southampton:

1096996082_Screenshot2020-12-07at15_31_31.thumb.png.7961f2a26022e29dea1944aa2c9ef82e.png

And if I get up early enough to catch it at the right point in its journey, the point on the map named "Southsea" is about ten minutes's walk from my house and I can watch to see my ship go by.  Exciting.  

425097364_Screenshot2020-12-07at15_35_40.thumb.png.f2b25f99cc2ca1ec7f08e3d32f31cc41.png

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 6