tekobo

Getting my Goat - Not?

18 hours ago, tekobo said:

So.  This might be a lousy idea but I am putting it out there for your thoughts. 

My KKs may be "devanned" on Tuesday next week and may be delivered to me on Thursday.  I have a camera on a tripod and I could rig it up to share the unboxing with you, my KK friends.  Time zones could be a problem as could getting the internet connection to work reliably outdoors but I thought maybe a zoom meeting that you could dial in to to see the new arrivals could be nice for those of you waiting for a KK and others who just want to be nosy.  I don't want to post a public link on the forum but do direct message me if you are interested and I will update you when I know more about timing and feasibility.

I'm up for this. Although I really want mr @tekobo doing the commentary! :-)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Braai-Q said:

I'm up for this. Although I really want mr @tekobo doing the commentary! :-)

Mr tekobo aka The Husband has agreed to help with the set up.  That is great and I won't be bothering him with extra requests around commentary, thank you very much!

A small cohort is building and @RokDok has kindly agreed to do a test run with us tomorrow.  I have blocked Thursday out in my diary but I am pretty certain that means that delivery will be delayed to Friday or the following Monday.  Will be pleasantly surprised if things work out to plan.  

1 hour ago, jonj said:

Coming from a family with generations of robust-nosed individuals, how could I not join in the fun? 

Welcome to the party @jonj!

• Like 3

I'd like to set my expectations for tomorrow's Zoom call. 

The driveway: Red carpet. 

@tekobo: Cocktail dress, cocktail in hand.

Music: Mandatory, something energetic. 

Extras: Must include man on crutches. I expect @DennisLinkletter to make opening remarks as well. 

I was going to Photoshop a theatrical poster but sadly the demands of clients and finance meetings have taken from the important tasks of the day. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I'd like to set my expectations for tomorrow's Zoom call. 
The driveway: Red carpet. 
[mention=3070]tekobo[/mention]: Cocktail dress, cocktail in hand.
Music: Mandatory, something energetic. 
Extras: Must include man on crutches. I expect [mention=2]DennisLinkletter[/mention] to make opening remarks as well. 
I was going to Photoshop a theatrical poster but sadly the demands of clients and finance meetings have taken from the important tasks of the day. 

This paints a good picture Braai.
Can we expect Something like this Tekobo?

tenor_gif6483472565858288577_68964341286080.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I had a super fun day today.  Thank you to all the KK friends who joined the call to watch the unboxing of my new KKs.  It was a bit weird, viewing the arrival of my KKs via video while talking to you and sometimes forgetting that the KKs were actually here with me in real life.  

It's official.  I have defected.  I switched from pebble to tile.  And here they are.

The autumn nebula colour that was on my shortlist the first time around is now mine and I love it.  I won't be giving them names or dedicating my KKs to anyone but I will note that I am copying @tony b with this choice (I think!).

IMG_8635.thumb.jpeg.eb71afe09085a759c86df380261768e4.jpeg

The matt black on the 32 makes me think of @MacKenzie.  She was the only person I told about my choice.  I was wavering and thinking that I might want glossy black tiles.  She said "no, we want a classy look here".  The thing that made me smile the most was the "we".  She was owning this choice of mine.  

IMG_8636.thumb.jpeg.25e3b0aff5cdc781679139e0642dac65.jpeg

And the 16 is truly a brawny bambino.  @Paul was the first person to respond to my first message on this forum and he posted pictures of his 16, fully loaded, to help with my choice.  I didn't get a 16 that time around but I have one now and am looking forward to cooking on it.  

IMG_8637.thumb.jpeg.1d1dad87aac71990891a139be04fb266.jpeg

There are lots of neat little innovations with the KKs since I bought my previous pair in 2017.  I for one love this sexy fitted look with the sunbrella cover.  

IMG_8643.thumb.jpeg.919cf634a9b633c38497dd2196ed5734.jpeg

I still have a room full of bits to tidy up and store. Tomorrow I am going to fit the rotisseries so that I am familiar with them and confident when I do want to use them in anger.  First cook?  Too dark and wet tonight and I am too tired but will certainly start trying things out tomorrow.  

IMG_8648.thumb.jpeg.edad02c1a69346bd666ff1d398f2c814.jpeg

• Like 13

It was certainly the most exciting Zoom call I had in my day. Watching an overgrown and highly excited child marshal a group of slightly confused blokes to line up her new toys in a beauty parade for the benefit of an international audience who were offering advice throughout.

The British weather prevailed as it always does and created an ambience that could best be summarised by this picture:

giphy.gif.281bd407f44f2fa107357e999871ea0a.gif

I have no doubt that when they arrived early, @tekobo arranged a dress rehearsal and the seamless unboxing was far too polished to be authentic. From my own experience, the fact that there was not a divorce level argument over when you lift from a count of three or any skinned knuckles is an advertisement for getting help and supervising.

I love the fact that there was a multi-cam setup although I regretted going full screen at one point and getting a bloke's rear end at 4K on my monitor. It was a bit too real. 

Look forward to those first cooks.... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6