DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Yes it was Mac.
BOC the flavour passed expectations.
Yes Troble the flat top griddle has been well broken in. It has street gas plumbed in so no gas bottles and very convenient for eggs and other quick cooks.
I opted for a Heatlie Griddle.
I have a cheeky little corner of back yard for an Argentinian style charcoal grill. Just haven’t seen the right one yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Basher said:

I opted for a Heatlie Griddle.

Lovely looking wagyu steaks @Basher.  Why did you use the griddle and not your KK?

The name heatlie brought back memories.  I remember wandering round one of those enormous BBQ stores that you have in Oz and deciding that a Heatlie was the one for me.  The only problem was that I was on holiday at the time and had no easy way to get it back to the UK.  Happy with what I have and am looking forward to seeing your Argie Barbie.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lovely looking wagyu steaks [mention=3378]Basher[/mention].  Why did you use the griddle and not your KK?
The name heatlie brought back memories.  I remember wandering round one of those enormous BBQ stores that you have in Oz and deciding that a Heatlie was the one for me.  The only problem was that I was on holiday at the time and had no easy way to get it back to the UK.  Happy with what I have and am looking forward to seeing your Argie Barbie.  

A couple of reasons Tekobo. Given these are extremely rich I cut them thin- less than 10mm.
I don’t quite have the hang of how much direct heat is down low on the KK when grilling and after reading Lennox Hastie I see this all depends on the fuel and stage of the fuel burn.
I can’t see or hear what’s going on down low on the KK when 10 seconds can make a big difference to a thin cut. Tony seems to have mastered this. I find the thicker cuts are more forgiving.
With the high fat content I didn’t want the flares from drippings into the fire and burning black smoke back over the steak.
All good reasons for the Argie Barbie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Day 1 of the butcher box challenge. Bone in NY strip

rubbed with olive oil, pink Peruvian salt and black pepper. Seared in the cast iron pan on the searing grate (first attempt using searing grate), seared with beef tallow thyme abs rosemary sprigs 

fired up the side burner to make a succotash with edamame beans, sweet onion, orange & red bell peppers, garlic and sweet corn that I roasted in the husk on the KK

Tossed some chanterelle  mushrooms in olive oil, sea salt and thyme put on KK 

utilized my griddle to make cornmeal griddle cakes 

First time using the KK, side burner and griddle at same time. It’s December 55 degrees. Wife said it was best steak of her life. Served with Joseph Phelps cab 

4B80B9C0-F629-42D8-B8AB-D7FAEBB1B943.jpeg

47BD54F0-CC55-4A83-BB49-E62D264170F2.jpeg

6E468634-1119-451B-9AAF-719F6623765E.jpeg

D6D32E7A-8356-4ED3-A190-786EB5F830D2.jpeg

D35F1662-11E8-47F4-A480-B09BEB417812.jpeg

FB8474CD-67FD-4C74-BE28-94581AC7D9CD.jpeg

C24EAB5A-A01C-4787-AD4C-79E25305DE4F.jpeg

BEAB6E94-0D7A-4272-9802-533DCD159B2B.jpeg

Edited by Troble
  • Like 8