DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Great looking burgers, MacKenzie (at least I didn't see any beets - LOL!!)

We finally started seeing local corn a couple of days ago. Today was my first time to get some for dinner. Still a bit early, but better than supermarket, for sure! Cooked up extras for leftovers tomorrow and Monday. 

1550780618_ChuckCluck003.thumb.jpg.dce69d1cd84faa49f8157b57f68bd0f6.jpg

Dinner on the deck (kinda humid), plated a steak with melting potatoes (alternate cooking method - InstaPot), corn and baguette. Made a nice sauce of horseradish, grainy mustard & mayo. Tasty Tuscan Red, too.

1447750189_ChuckCluck004.thumb.jpg.556ae251fd7748ebff98553077b19fc3.jpg

While it was nice to do the potatoes in the InstaPot versus firing up the oven to 500F for the "regular method," it was a bit more labor intensive - multiple steps using different settings on the cooker. Couldn't tell any difference in taste/texture. Will only use it again if I don't want to heat up the kitchen just for the potatoes.

• Like 4

Must be konro season!  I made beef skirt and chicken wing suya for my visiting Dad and Aunt last week.  No pics of the board sauce but I capitalised on @Pequod's innovation and chopped up the tomato and red onion with some shredded basil in place of the large chunks of tomato and red onion that normally accompany your newspaper wrapped suya in Lagos.  They both enjoyed it very much and didn't criticise me for being a deviant.  Result.  

1431907297_0OG2RCLTtaXWlNIapOCow.thumb.jpg.7caf24806eea23a16320a5fe3a00bee6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tekobo said:

That looks seriously hot Pequod.  How are you doing with lighting the binchotan these days?  Any tips to pass on?  

I used the chimney starter method. First light a few chunks of lump at the bottom, then add binchotan once the lump is red hot. Worked great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This was Canadian style deep fried chicken my mate cooked for me last xmas.

Sorry about the poor quality lighting and photography

Took about 10 minutes to cook outside in minus 10 deg C

I'd never seen this done before,...... and probably won't again, despite it being delicious.

Edited by Basher
  • Like 2

Lovely looking cooks, one and all.  Happily I had a good breakfast before I ventured onto the forum this morning so not in my usual desperate post viewing state!

15 hours ago, tony b said:

@tekobo intrigued by those blue handles on your skewers. Where did you get them and do they work well? I have converted to the flat ones with handles for ease of flipping. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D184MRD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm intrigued by those blue things too Tony.  Can't really see the point and I don't have enough of them.  I bought them really cheaply in a US catering store and may well not use them again.  They were part of the search for the square ends that @ckreef has on his metal kebab sticks.  Being able to turn a kebab a quarter turn a time would be awesome but the brand that he has appears to be out of production.

Yes, I like those flat skewers that were on your link.  I get them from our local Chinese store and they are really good.  Used up my last batch at recent party, must get some more.