Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
EGGARY

Set up for Spatchcocked Chicken

Not cheating by any means, Brett! We all use commercial rubs on this Forum. My pantry is stocked FULL of them. I do whip up my own stuff occasionally, but even then, I often start from a commercial rub (or two) and "help it out a little." 

Never run across Douglas' rubs. They look interesting. My "go to" for roasted chicken is Plowboys Yardbird. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2012 at 10:22 AM, Syzygies said:

I go direct, after a four hour brine in 1/2 cup sea salt, 1/3 cup sugar per gallon water. I wait till the fire has died down but the KK is still 500 F.

Here's a typical appearance, nearly done. One wants the fire to be well on its way to spent, so the walls of the KK are cooking by radiant heat. The skin color isn't as dramatic as other pics here, but this is everyday food for us. We don't eat the skin, or maybe we sneak a bit. What matters is the texture of the meat.

2016-06-02 Chicken.jpg

• Like 3

Just so happens that Dizzy Pig makes a Peruvian Rub. 

https://dizzypigbbq.com/product/peruvian-ish-seasoning/

Update: was inspired and whipped up some last night. Use the Dizzy Pig rub mixed with my homemade Aji pepper hot sauce to make a nice paste that I rubbed onto chicken thighs. I like the flavor, will be a "keeper" in the chicken cook repertoire. 

Edited by tony b

Look at Aussie's recent tab of Road Kill. He just did a chicken with the pan below without a deflector. The veggies looked good