Poochie

Komodo delivery update

I know everyone is on the edge of their seat wanting to know about my Komodo delivery...maybe not. It's at the port and has cleared customs, but the container is in a "closed area" of the terminal. They're either doing construction or some other activity that prevents the container (with a shipload of Komodo's in it) from being accessed. So other people, and maybe forum members, are waiting too.

This was a couple of days ago, so I'm hoping they're able to get to it soon. Dennis is keeping me posted. In the meantime, all I can do is admire the cooking photos you guys post and hope for the best. I'm really looking forward to getting this Bronze beauty and have several cooks planned already. 

• Like 1

Will you becooking more than one product at a time? Like a practice Christmas / New Years cook.

Yep, I might cook 8...the whole pack of hot dogs. Either chicken quarters or wings for the first cook. I won't waste much time putting something on that rotisserie.

I mean I can't wait to put something on the rotisserie. Sounded like I didn't want to mess with it after I reread that.

If this will make you feel any better, I went from Father’s Day, which is when I decided to buy a Kamado grill, until the beginning of October, which is when I took delivery of my KK grill. Most of that time was a delay in delivering the first Kamado grill. The second part of the tale, which is when I finally decided to order a KK grill instead, went pretty smoothly. Except for this.

320263_1280x720.jpg

See? It could always be worse. ^_^

If you want to read the whole story, it’s here: http://komodokamadoforum.com/topic/5007-my-ordering-and-unpacking-experience-with-a-kk-23â€-ultimate/ 

If nothing else, it will help you kill some time while waiting for your grill to get here.

Be patient. If I’m asked how long it took for my KK 23†to get here, I always say, “I don’t care. The grill is that awesome.†^_^

They do take time. They are sold all over the world and each one is hand made with the owner having a say in the process. Us that had shorter delivery dates picked from a US available list. Those that could not pick fast had to wait for the next boat. Plus customs and etc.

Waiting is a bummer but once you lay eyes on one in your driveway you suddenly realize from start to finish the time is remarkable. So the only help suggestion I can offer is

"Hurry Up and Wait" Just jerking the chain.

If you're in the states and pick from the available tile/model choices in the LA warehouse you should get delivery within 1-2 weeks.

Denis does keep his website inventory up to date so take a peek. I ordered from available stock and couldn't be happier - well unless I had a second KK - LOL

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info and encouragement. Wilburpan, I read your story when I first joined up here. Really amazing what happened and all the delays.  bryan, I'm doing a good job of waiting.  ckreef, my Komodo arrived on the July 30th at the port. So I had some pretty lucky timing on it. 

The good news is that I along with Pale Rider was notified today that our Komodo's will most likely be on their way to our homes by tomorrow. I'm super excited about this information. Won't be long before I'll be posting some cooks on here. Probably not the magazine quality some of you talented people have, but hopefully not too bad.

• Like 1

Congrats, Poochie! I couldn't be happier for both you and Pale Rider.

Now for some prosaic advice. Have you thought where you'll park your new KK when it arrives at your house? Where will you uncrate your KK? How will you move your new KK around, i.e. from the uncrating place to its permanent home? How will you move your KK from the front drive to the place of its uncrating?

KKs are HEAVY and you probably aren't a big enough guy to be muscling your new KK around for any distance. Have you measured doorways to make certain that your new KK will fit through with plenty of room to spare? I had to move my KK BB 32", TheBeast, around the side of my house over my yard to get it to my patio. That required 2 sheets of 1/2" Oriented Strand Board (OSB). We had to buck that OSB quite some distance.

I tipped my delivery guy quite handsomely for putting my pallets in my garage. He tried to refuse. I insisted. I won out.

Have beer and some date certain for rewarding the guys who help you move your new KK. Rib eyes, baked potatoes, salad, etc makes a really nice reward after you've conditioned your new KK.

These are just a few things to think about. I'm sure others will chime in and help out with advice to help you make this arrival, uncrating, and placement of your new KK an easy delivery!

Yep, I've given plenty of thought about moving that sucker to it's final resting place. I plan to grease the delivery dude's palm to help me get it into my shop. I appreciate you filling me in about OSB too. Picking that up today.  If we can get it over the 4-5" slab, I've got it made.  I can uncrate it and do the rest in the shop. Ordering the DigiQ or CyberQ today. Still undecided on that one.