ckreef

Steak Firecrackers - pic heavy ;-)

This is a play on traditional firecracker shrimp using steak instead of wonton wrappers. 

Kung Pao marinated NY strips wrapped around firecracker marinated U-12 shrimp with saffron rice and garden salad with raspberry dressing. Served family style. 

I won't give the full write up, the pictures tell a good story. 

The salad part minus the greens. 

SFa.jpg

SFb.jpg

Saffron rice with currants. 

SFc.jpg

SFd.jpg

The firecracker shrimp. 

SFe.jpg

SFf.jpg

SFg.jpg

SFh.jpg

SFi.jpg

SFj.jpg

SFk.jpg

Kung Pao marinated NY strips. 

SFl.jpg

SFm.jpg

SFn.jpg

SFo.jpg

SFp.jpg

SFq.jpg

Let's take this cook down the home stretch. 

SFr.jpg

SFs.jpg

SFt.jpg

SFu.jpg

Very tasty but a lot of work. 

SFv.jpg

Not sure why I can't get these last 2 pictures to go away but they won't go away. 

SFk.jpg

SFo.jpg

• Like 4

Ck, that sure is an interesting looking cook. Must have been some tasty flavours in that cook. Looks like you had a good time with this one. :) :smt023 :smt023 Sometimes it just nice to be able to take the time to cook something different and interesting.

I know what you mean about trying to get rid of pixs that you have out of the order you want to post them and even if you do get them deleted your mistake still shows up on TapaTalk. ;(

16 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Ck, that sure is an interesting looking cook. Must have been some tasty flavours in that cook. Looks like you had a good time with this one. :) :smt023 :smt023 Sometimes it just nice to be able to take the time to cook something different and interesting.

I know what you mean about trying to get rid of pixs that you have out of the order you want to post them and even if you do get them deleted your mistake still shows up on TapaTalk. ;(

It was fun but it was a long cook with all the different parts. 

Maybe @churchi can direct us on how to get the extra pictures out of posts. 

13 hours ago, Gnomatic said:

That looks AMAZING!

10 hours ago, Steve M said:

Looks like a lot of work but worth it. That presentation has a real WOW factor. :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Shuley said:

That is a cool take on surf and turf.

TY everyone - a very colorful cook which really helps for a better presentation. 

8 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Far out cook! leave it up to ckreef to come up with these great receipts, and all the great pictures I love the site. 

TY Bruce - the only thing really new was the raspberry dressing. All the rest was recipes I've used in the past so I knew they would taste great and work together. Just needed to combine it all into one cook. 

3 hours ago, tinyfish said:

Very nice Charles.  

I too think the meal must have been packed full of flavor. The marinades look great as doea the money shot.

Since its beef, is this the KG entry.

TY tinyfish - Those are 2 favorite marinades at the Bistro. The Kung Pao is a surprising good steak marinade. 

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

It was fun but it was a long cook with all the different parts. 

Maybe @churchi can direct us on how to get the extra pictures out of posts. 

@ckreef and @MacKenzie, let me see if i can help out on this issue. Would you mind creating a topic in the forum issues/enhancements section so we can troubleshoot?

Cheers