ckreef

Colossal U6 Stuffed Shrimp

4julyA.thumb.jpg.3fc87f7f18dc00d9a3e9b6171ac5b8f3.jpg

8 shrimp @1.29 lbs. That's a full size dinner plate :) Now that I have your attention let's get on with dinner. We'll get back to the shrimp in a minute. 

We started by making 2 small pies for desert. Frozen Rainer cherries from last year and fresh blueberries. 

4julyB.thumb.jpg.64057fc4cf71af02e6ee4ebfbcc2d1a5.jpg

4julyC.thumb.jpg.326a0b22ea2ade3c7baced3a7b74a729.jpg

4julyD.thumb.jpg.a83eb0076ce0dd264eaecab886f54e81.jpg

Made a few ABT's and some green beans. 

4julyE.thumb.jpg.191d745e1d954e9e3a555a45e1239794.jpg

4julyF.thumb.jpg.b1b6ae329cf7c68a4d2648d743c80b31.jpg

Now back to the shrimp. I pulled the meat out and layed it back on the shell. A quick slit to butterfly it open then stuff it with a crab meat mixture. 

4julyG.thumb.jpg.82ec98903b30d9baf2e4d19245ca8eb5.jpg

4julyH.thumb.jpg.42877af176da2eb3d2fa220d34593d4f.jpg

To round this meal out we have USDA Prime first cut NY strips. 

4julyI.thumb.jpg.76d42c1416d24cdc32d10a6c3d0204f0.jpg

4julyJ.thumb.jpg.f83d0e64df0c1a6b3915d7888f085428.jpg

There you have it. A fantastic 4th of July meal. 

4julyK.thumb.jpg.e7e9008da31681533b84af513889882b.jpg

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Pequod said:

To round it out?? Prime NY Strips to "ROUND IT OUT??" :smt043

I had to balance the meal out ;)

Early morning July 4th we ventured into a high end grocery store. I just couldn't stop myself it all looked so good. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, amusedtodeath said:

Outstanding!!!  We've been enjoying those shrimp from Fresh Market also... I love the big ones. Like little lobsters. What did you season your green beans with? They look tasty. So do the pies. :razz: Hell, everything looks fantastic.  :smt041

I try and stay out of Fresh Market. Every time I go in there my wallet cries as I walk out the door - LOL 

I found a citrus herb grinder at Fresh Market. Pretty good stuff. That, a little of key lime white balsamic and a little butter. The beans were really good. 

The whole meal just came out perfect. It's a good feeling when you really hit it right all around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nicely done, ckreef - that's how you do "surf & turf!"

I went into full blown depression when our Fresh Market closed here. Talk about Manic-Depression, as I was on Cloud 9 when it opened here, only to have it close a little over a year later! :smt088 Now I have to bootleg my Duke's mayo back every time I visit the South.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Dinner looks delih career and those pies yum .love the Twisted Q

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

All the Twisted Q's are pretty darn good. Before I send you another care package (coming soon) we'll figure out what Twisted Q's you need ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Somebody is eating well. You forgot the wine or your preferable choice, anyhow, a great southern delight.

I should have bought a good bottle. Instead I was drinking low end Malt Liquor/beer - LOL - it was all about the food anyway. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tony b said:

Nicely done, ckreef - that's how you do "surf & turf!"

I went into full blown depression when our Fresh Market closed here. Talk about Manic-Depression, as I was on Cloud 9 when it opened here, only to have it close a little over a year later! :smt088 Now I have to bootleg my Duke's mayo back every time I visit the South.

Fresh Market is awesome. I just dont go there often for fear it'll drive me to eating at the local soup kitchen - LOL 

• Like 2

All the Twisted Q's are pretty darn good. Before I send you another care package (coming soon) we'll figure out what Twisted Q's you need

No worries mate I've got a selection of local Q rub sitting here that I thought you might like something different. Let me know if you want something specific

• Thanks 1

[mention=2714]Aussie Ora[/mention] How you doing on Uncle Dougie's and other stuff? I have a couple of things to send you, including a new bourbon glass that I picked up on my last trip to KY. 
Uncle dougies is gone lol I made it last though pretty much down on everything you get that .let me know what you want or I can pick out a selection for you it will all be something different .I will be able to send you and ckreef some goodies near the end of the month . The glass sounds good like my glasses