DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

1 hour ago, tekobo said:

Thanks for this Tony.  You sent me down a rabbit hole, reading up about this food stuff.  I now know that the story about being able to keep American cheese indefinitely outside of a fridge is not apochryphal and is in fact close to the truth.  I also know not to be snobbish about it because it is its own thing with stretchy melty cheese goodness.  Not something I plan to try anytime soon though.  I still like the variability and interest of the real stuff even though it might not always behave as you want it to.  And yes, i know that I can't spell apochryphal and am not even sure if it is the right word to use but I'm going to roll with it.

You do realize that as kids we had no choice and somehow liked it. As adults we carefully read the packages to make sure it never passes our lips ever again. 

My son is lucky - I knew better before he was born. He's never had the privalage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lately I've been getting the following message quite often when I am within the KK forum and going from one area to another. Is anyone else having trouble?b

Sometimes I get it after writing a post and  clicking on "Save" to post it.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Edited by MacKenzie

This was interesting, I thought I'd make potato scallop and bake squash to go with a precooked frozen beef pattie. 3/4 of the ways thru the veggie cook I unwrapped the pattie only to find out that it was raw. Did a made dash to the KK, fortunately there was old coals in it so I was able to get it heated up very quickly. :)

Put some of my perfectly melting cheese on top of the burger.

1456017242_CheeseandBurgerDinner.thumb.jpg.9e3ca51050ce78966fbd66726738f679.jpg

Burger.thumb.jpg.10f5b9ce50b11734e25b7afa4bd5bd35.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

Lately I've been getting the following message quite often when I am within the KK forum and going from one area to another. Is anyone else having trouble?b

Sometimes I get it after writing a post and  clicking on "Save" to post it.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yes, it happened to me a couple of times this week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

This was interesting, I thought I'd make potato scallop and bake squash to go with a precooked frozen beef pattie. 3/4 of the ways thru the veggie cook I unwrapped the pattie only to find out that it was raw. Did a made dash to the KK, fortunately there was old coals in it so I was able to get it heated up very quickly. :)

Put some of my perfectly melting cheese on top of the burger.

Nice recovery, it looks very tasty.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:02 AM, tony b said:

@tekobo - you MUST try Drago style oysters. They are seriously fab! There are several "copy cat" recipes. All are good, you can't really go wrong!

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/dragos-charbroiled-oysters-51424221

http://www.nolacuisine.com/2006/03/19/dragos-style-charbroiled-oyster-recipe/

So, I took your advice Tony.  Taking your advice was a good thing but my execution needs some refinement.  

I followed the recipe above and the Drago oysters were just delicious.  The Husband kept shucking and he, our nephew and I kept eating.  Even nephew's oyster averse girlfriend joined in with bread to mop up the juices.  The downside? I took the instruction to cook over very hot heat a little too literally.  The oyster shells started to pop and send shards and powder all over the kitchen!  I ended up wearing safety glasses to cook.  Next time they are going in the KK on a bed of salt!

Here are some oysters cooking.  Note the new grill bars, courtesy of @ckreef and the KK shopping channel.IMG_3852.thumb.jpg.02f82e1a60bf01ec0d8445161903de3f.jpg

And here, at last, are some Nigerian suya chicken wings done on the konro.  I had to keep them away from the super hot centre and they came out nice and juicy and didn't burn, just so long as I kept turning them over.   The gooseberries in the middle were defrosting so that I could use them in a klafoutis that I cooked in the KK.  The white stuff all around is the residue from the delaminating oysters.  As I said at the start, I won't be cooking Drago oysters using this method again!IMG_3861.thumb.jpg.a1fcd75abd897b7a8b2520d86386fee0.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome looking cooks everyone!

I’m busy planning a BabyQ, my wife is pregnant and instead of a baby shower she has requested a BabyQ so that everyone can come along and celebrate.

We’ve got about 40 adults and 10 kids coming over in a few weeks, I’ve got a 7kg brisket, 2 big pork shoulders, 4 racks of cape grim beef ribs (I’ll slice each rib into 4) and then we’ll have a load of sausages and chicken wings, loads of salads and breads etc.

Do you think that will be enough for 50ish people?

Here’s the pork belly bao from last night, I love this dish!

b2df83b5efe72be5a0d322795f3d05db.jpg
c24965746be205798986dd6d54ab6ba5.jpg
d420a0f1db300c6320a8ef9b2e6c505b.jpg
37041eb0f7a2dffa526d27445cf9a94b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Awesome looking cooks everyone!

I’m busy planning a BabyQ, my wife is pregnant and instead of a baby shower she has requested a BabyQ so that everyone can come along and celebrate.

We’ve got about 40 adults and 10 kids coming over in a few weeks, I’ve got a 7kg brisket, 2 big pork shoulders, 4 racks of cape grim beef ribs (I’ll slice each rib into 4) and then we’ll have a load of sausages and chicken wings, loads of salads and breads etc.

Do you think that will be enough for 50ish people?

Here’s the pork belly bao from last night, I love this dish!

b2df83b5efe72be5a0d322795f3d05db.jpg
c24965746be205798986dd6d54ab6ba5.jpg
d420a0f1db300c6320a8ef9b2e6c505b.jpg
37041eb0f7a2dffa526d27445cf9a94b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations to you both!!! Sounds like a great menu!!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1