DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Hatch Chili's.

My inlaws picked up a bushel of Hatch chili's for me in Ruidoso yesterday. I roasted and packaged them this morning. I started out to get several pics but only managed to take 2, the temp was quickly making its way to 107 as i was roasting these.

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

• Like 1

Aussie Ora, these are the some of the best tasting chili's a person can eat. these are the medium hots, they have good heat and great flavor. the hots can be a bit much for the family and the milds are best left to the gringos :-D.

CC, I agree, They are a real treat, i look forward picking up and roasting a bushel every year.  Packaged and stored in a good freezer without a defrost cycle a bushel will last me all year.  

Hatch Chili's.

My inlaws picked up a bushel of Hatch chili's for me in Ruidoso yesterday. I roasted and packaged them this morning. I started out to get several pics but only managed to take 2, the temp was quickly making its way to 107 as i was roasting these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, qundoy said:

My inlaws picked up a bushel of Hatch chili's for me in Ruidoso yesterday.

I ferment a few gallons each year of chiles for hot sauce, sourced in or near Oakland, CA. The ideal would be Tabasco-style, but chiles are difficult to keep pure. Just as dogs in some countries all look the same, there's a generic "Thai" chile endemic in markets in coming months, which looks nothing like the chiles I saw in Thailand.

Perhaps there are ag rules that inhibit shipping (unlike say Texas or Florida Red Grapefruits, one can pay steep shipping to send anywhere) but I've never figured out a way to purchase a case of New Mexico's finest online.

A few Top sirloins, maple bacon wrapped asparagus, and some chicken wings. Also tried the charred romaine lettuce with Caesar salad dressing and toasted italian bread but didn't grab a picture. It was tasty and I really liked the flavor of the coffee char. The family approves.

IMG_2790.JPG

• Like 1