DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Sort of one of those last minute meal decisions...

Used an off the shelf jerk seasoning for the chicken (chook for the down under crowd). threw it on the rotisserie and added some yukon gold potatoes after about 15 minutes. FullSizeRender 10.jpg

IMG_2870.JPG

Plated with some lime cilantro rice

I love the rotisserie chicken on the kk and the flavor of the coffee charcoal.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, HalfSmoke said:

Would love to spin a chook and will do so as soon as I get my rotisserie drive shaft.

@Steve M-I assume your resting that pan on the cool side of the basket splitter. What size pan is that? 9x13?

That sounds about right. It was just above the cool side of the splitter. It was the smallest pan I had on hand but it worked well.

My original plan was to put it on the lower grate but it didn't look like I would have room to use the rotisserie. 

• Like 1

Went to Costco today and saw they had Prime Ribeye Cap steaks. I have never really run across ribeye cap anywhere other than my online source Snake River Farms and it really looked good so I picked up a package along with some 8-10 count shrimp. I did a reverse sear on the steaks cooking indirect at about 400.

IMG_2873.JPG

I pulled them at about 115 to rest while I did the shrimp.

IMG_2874.JPG

I threw the steaks onto the lower grate directly over the coals to give them the sear. 

Final Steak shot

IMG_2875.JPG

IMG_2876.JPG

IMG_2877.JPGIMG_2878.JPG

This was really one of my more enjoyable cooks. Everything just seemed to click and the results were incredible. the coffee char is wonderful on steaks.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Great cook Steve looks delicious

Outback Kamado Bar and Grillemoji621.png

Thanks Aussie

2 hours ago, tinyfish said:

@Steve M hard to beat a great meal like that.

It was certainly near the top of my short kk cooking career

39 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Steve, oh my goodness, what a beautiful meal, moist and oozing flavour. :) :smt023:smt023

Thanks Mackenzie, moisture is a recurring theme in the kk cooks. I really liked my pellet grill but it didn't keep that same moist environment like the kk. It sadly sits with the cover on.