Poochie

Spareribs on the 21" Komodo

As you'll see from the photos, the full rack of spares fit just fine on my 21" Komodo. I used the heat deflector on the lower grate and the CyberQ to keep it around 240 degrees.

Spares seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika and brown sugar

IMG_2990_zpsshf2uf2e.jpg

Placed on the smoker and ready to go

IMG_2991_zpsarorkn4e.jpg

After 3 1/2 hours I put a mixture of butter, honey and brown sugar

IMG_2992_zpsi4sw3jyo.jpg

And brushed it on with my new Weber brush

IMG_2994_zpsranbbdjz.jpg

Off the smoker and ready to bring inside

IMG_3004_zpsw634dce2.jpg

And the money shot

IMG_3006_zpsuj65prfn.jpg

They took around 5 hours to cook and were moist and tender. I didn't sauce 'em, but I'll try it next time. They were very very good. Had a side of cabbage with mushrooms and onions that I didn't take a picture of. Guru worked like a champ too. If you have an Apple phone, get "The Pit Pal" app. It works great with a CyberQ and keeps track of time for you. 

Looks great and I know that I'm seeing more there to eat than most of you..

Now most you folks over there in 'Murica don't like to eat those lil' nuggets of cartilage or white bone as they call it here..

My wife and kids fight over them and I now happily crunch away on them too..

They cherished them so much I had to start eating them to see what I was missing.. In hindsight, I can't figure out why

they are not usually eaten back home.. They have pretty much no taste and the texture is fun, nothing odd about it.. 

So my recommendation is to give in and chomp away at them next time you cross them..

With an open mind you might discover they are worth eating after all .. Give 'em another try!

LOL  ;-)