Wrapped in butcher paper after it hit 165 IT

IMG_3122_zpsza0jz4oq.jpg

Paper is soaked with juice when brisket temp hit 202 degrees

IMG_3126_zps4xtw8sfc.jpg

Started some beans while the brisket rested

IMG_3129_zpsggsp9cjm.jpg

IMG_3132_zpshc1dpgp3.jpg

IMG_3138_zpsv2420ebx.jpg

Plated and ready to eat. Very tender and moist.

IMG_3141_zps8xwtklje.jpg

IMG_3142_zpsza4bvn7g.jpg

Brisket cooked 10 hours and rested about an hour and a half. I used the heat deflector on the bottom rack with a drip pan on it. I used the CyberQ and had it set for 235...I know I could have done it at a higher temperature and next time I will. Brisket probed tender at 202 degrees so I pulled it off still in the butcher paper, set it in an aluminum pan, and covered that with foil for the rest period.  All in all I was happy with it but I like to keep messing with time and temps. Next time I may not wrap at all to see what happens. Bolo Komodo performed flawlessly. 

• Like 1

that looks fantastic!!!   that picture of BOLO is ridiculously cool!!!

Did you get the cyber Q with your grill or buy it somewhere separately?

Is that the only one that hooks up with the pre drilled port or will any brand work??

Very nice, meal!!  brisket looks crazy moist!

I bought the CyberQ from bbqguru.com.  They have a place to indicate which smoker you have and the correct unit will be selected for you.  And yes, the fan hooks up in the guru/Stoker port on your Komodo. No adapter needed. If you look on the lower right of Bolo, you'll see the fan. The pit temp and meat temp probes fit right into the probe port located to the right and one row of tiles down from the words Komodo Kamado.  (You should bend the meat probe to straighten it out a little) You'll see the meat probe hanging out of my Komodo because I didn't want it to get too hot to touch before I put the meat on.  On other pictures during the cook, this probe is in the brisket.

The CyberQ lets you adjust temperatures with your smart phone or computer.  And of course, you can just check on it to see how everything is doing while watching an important football game. 

Thanks for the kind words!

Poochie, what a great cook, the brisket and beans both look delicious. :):thumbup::thumbup:

BTW, why did you need to straighten the probe?

Mackenzie, you don't have to straighten the meat probes, you can just feed the plug from the inside. Straightening isn't a problem though, many people do, it just has to be done carefully.

Robert

I had to bend mine slightly to get it to feed through the port. The plug end is too big to feed from the inside. Depends on the model, maybe. My Guru is about 8 years old.

The newer ones fit no problem. My cyberq is just like poochie's, and the plugs fit through with plenty of room for three cables.

Robert

That's exactly right Dennis, I'm with you on bark, so I never foiled. The last brisket I did was a prime, wrapped in butcher paper, and it was every bit as good as an unwrapped srf wagyu brisket I did recently. There was still as stall, and it was very moist, and the bark lost no integrity at all!! Plus the burnt ends!! The point still had a lot of fat left, so they can be cooked as much as you care to, talk about bark!!I'm somewhat anxious to try a choice, but for now, the primes at Costco are reasonable!

Robert