bosco

bosco's Christmas Dinner and first rotisserie spin

Today was a day of firsts.

I did a double cook today with the 23" and 32" Komodo Kamado's.  I decided to set my 32" up for a rotisserie cook (first one) and I tried my hand at a turkey roll instead of a full turkey and my first standing prime rib roast.  

I started with a 6 bone Angus Certified standing rib roast.  I cut two bones off as the cut was just too big for all of my family.  I froze that for my dad for another day.  

_DSC1479.jpg

_DSC1481.jpg

I made a rosemary, thyme and garlic rub with salt and pepper and rubbed the cut down with dijon mustard.  I had the bone cut off and reattached with butchers twine.  

_DSC1482.jpg

_DSC1483.jpg

I took 3 turkey rolls, as my family prefers white meat to dark meat.  So this was a great alternative.  I rubbed them down with some EVOO and hit them with the slabs birds and bones rub.  

_DSC1486.jpg

Loaded the 32" with some white oak for the beef and the 23" with some peach wood for the turkey.

Got the temp to 325 for the turkey and 350 for the beef

Onto the grill they went.  

_DSC1489.jpg

_DSC1490.jpg

Seeing it is way better!!!

I pulled the roast at an IT of 120 and wrapped and placed in the cooler after 3 hours.  Then I pulled the turkey at an IT of 165 and wrapped in foil to let rest.

_DSC1495.jpg

_DSC1501.jpg

About 45 min later I cut into these babies and man were they ever juicy!!!!!!

_DSC1503.jpg

Merry Christmas Everyone

Great job on that cook, Bosco!

There’s a joke in here somewhere about how one can order a grill that goes back and forth across the ocean before it finally gets delivered, and you’re still doing a rotisserie cook sooner than if you waited for the Joetisserie. ^_^

Was there a reason you let your roast sit in the cooler for three hours, or was that just a function of when the roast hit your target temperature? And it looks like the cook was done direct over the charcoal without any sort of deflector, right?

Great job on that cook, Bosco!

There’s a joke in here somewhere about how one can order a grill that goes back and forth across the ocean before it finally gets delivered, and you’re still doing a rotisserie cook sooner than if you waited for the Joetisserie. ^_^

Was there a reason you let your roast sit in the cooler for three hours, or was that just a function of when the roast hit your target temperature? And it looks like the cook was done direct over the charcoal without any sort of deflector, right?

I placed it in the cooler for about an hour. We are for 3 and it finished around 2.

Straight over flame no deflector for this cook

I won't give you the double dog dare else you'll be like CC, back behind the woodshed getting some licks - LOL

Charles - Prometheus 16.5", Cassiopeia 19" TT