BonFire

Oh oh

Congrats mate looks awesome .finally some rain but when you don't want it lol.I would definitely not vent in the rain .wait for a better day .get up early you have more surface are than my 23 and that venting lasted into the night keep going until it settles right down fixing any lifting as is appears .it's strange watching the tiles lift and bubble I was thinking at the time bugger got a lemon lol but its all good make sure you go the whole mile and keep patting it down as it cools .I had no more venting after I done mine ..Majin eraser is great for cleaning the top cap and stainless steel also perfect for getting rid of the white residue .have fun

6 minutes ago, Stevesoncoals said:

Hmmmm, I´m cooking in the rain ! But not planning on getting burn in hot, will also bring it undercover when I get to the roasting potatoes part of the program ! Hopefully will coincide with the rain moving along.

hopefully all going well mate.....love the avatar 

Dinner done ! Not quite long enough for the lamb but super impressed with the flavour ! Roast potatoes were a new benchmark, crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside !

i don’t think I put enough charcoal in the basket for the cook, as I had to top up, and I couldn’t get past 250C (not that I needed to - but was seeing if I could). 

I assume to get high temps it’s more of activity with a well lit (spread) basket of charcoal. I’m using the mallee charcoal - which I love the taste of. 

321D09B7-2640-4CFC-B390-634DB585775B.jpeg

9726F0AE-AF2C-4024-8099-5C99AE38E16D.jpeg

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Stevesoncoals said:

Question for the room. Being a newbie there’s only one thing From the Box I’m confused by. There’s a stainless steel T-shaped rod about 30cm long with an Allen key on the end. I haven’t figured out what it’s for. Any tips appreciated !!!

Thanks !

The tool is to remove the rear stainless steel plate covering the hinge spring. Removing that plate gives you access to a hex bolt that allows you to adjust the spring tension. I and others like to adjust the tension so that the lid stays where parked, and doesn’t fly up or drop down when released. 

Edited by Pequod
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Stevesoncoals said:

I don’t think I put enough charcoal in the basket for the cook, as I had to top up, and I couldn’t get past 250C (not that I needed to - but was seeing if I could). 

Regardless of what type of cook you're doing always start with a full basket of lump. What you don't use will be there waiting for your next cook. 

BTW - dinner looks delicious. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pequod said:

The tool is to remove the rear stainless steel plate covering the hinge spring

Aaaaargh ! I took that plate off to remove the lid when I moved it and a mate and I spent ages stuffing around with a normal Allen key ! The power of knowledge !!

• Haha 1