Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Tyrus

Stuffed shrimp and scallops in a Quahog shell

Recommended Posts

Looking for somethin to do, and the approaching NFL playoff games upon the horizon, I set out to find something for the occasion. Ckreef's entry under seafood April of 2016 seemed a steal, so it was stolen, just for the day. Thanks. Now although I didn't follow Ckreef's recipe to a tee I incorporated most his direction and may I add it was good and well described. The exceptions were 1. a longer cooking time because of the shell choice,, quahog vs scallop shell, 2. garlic and scallions were added along with parsley and some King Kooker fish rub, I like.  Oh, a mistake...while starting the KK  my dogs came out of the house and wanted  to play,  and maybe for to long,,as a result the broth mixture on the stove all but vanished . Not to be deterred I remembered that the day before I made a Chowder, the creamy broth was good and it was added to the base as a substitute, no loss and still on par. Well, thanks Ckreef for the inspiration of some time ago,

DSCF2218.JPG

DSCF2217.JPG

DSCF2220.JPG

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Looking for somethin to do, and the approaching NFL playoff games upon the horizon, I set out to find something for the occasion.

Yay!  That looks mighty tasty @Tyrus.   I love shrimps and scallops on their own so they must be twice as good together.  Will go searching for that recipe methinks....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the comments and have a good Gameday.  One technical thing worth mentioning as far as the site is concerned and kinda weird. I noticed yesterday when returning from the notification icon to the home page Bruce's owner's picture was superimposed over Eddiemac's icon on his posts, Of course I did a doubletake to make sure and... it was pretty obvious. I clicked on something else and returned to find Bruce had disappeared.  This is true,,would I lie to you. Any reasonable explanation, maybe a fluke remnant from the crash, there wasn't any strange music playing in the background although, it has been bountiful lately. Hasn't happened since, I wonder...... could Bruce be slowly taking over. Could a been the Asiago cheese called for in the recipe

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Thanks for the comments and have a good Gameday.  One technical thing worth mentioning as far as the site is concerned and kinda weird. I noticed yesterday when returning from the notification icon to the home page Bruce's owner's picture was superimposed over Eddiemac's icon on his posts, Of course I did a doubletake to make sure and... it was pretty obvious. I clicked on something else and returned to find Bruce had disappeared.  This is true,,would I lie to you. Any reasonable explanation, maybe a fluke remnant from the crash, there wasn't any strange music playing in the background although, it has been bountiful lately. Hasn't happened since, I wonder...... could Bruce be slowly taking over. Could a been the Asiago cheese called for in the recipe

If someone on the forum is going omnipotent, we could certainly do worse than Bruce. :sign5:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could totally see this. If I wanted anyone on this forum to have a superpower, it would definitely be Bruce.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am guessing you enjoyed Game Day this weekend @Tyrus.  Mine extended until tonight because I had to get to bed before the Philly-New Orleans game was over.  I have now seen the result.  The better team won.  Looking forward to a really competitive conference championship weekend.  Might even break out a brisket!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tekobo said:

I am guessing you enjoyed Game Day this weekend @Tyrus.  Mine extended until tonight because I had to get to bed before the Philly-New Orleans game was over.  I have now seen the result.  The better team won.  Looking forward to a really competitive conference championship weekend.  Might even break out a brisket!

Philly was competitive and played well however, I felt because of their mixed season they were playing on borrowed time. Not to many wild cards make it to the dance. Should be an interesting weekend, feeling confident from what I saw in Foxboro going in to KC.  Going to have to look into the archives again and find another recipe appropriate for gameday...something rare.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×