DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

1 hour ago, tony b said:

Nice looking soup. I've been roasting a lot of carrots lately just as a side dish. This could be a nice change of pace. 

Thanks, Tony. I just recently dug my carrots so they are nice and fresh. I'm trying to use them up. Normally I'm not a big fan of carrot soup. It is one of those things when I see it on the menu I think I'll like it but actually never do. So I wasn't expecting much when I made it but fortunately I was pleasantly surprised. That's good because I have about 10 servings of it. :-D

• Haha 1

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Amish raised 21+ lb spatchcock turkey cooked 400 raised direct over hickory B+B for 2 hours with a flip in between. Resting for 30 minutes and moist as all can be. The legs fell off at 2 hours when pulling for the rest.

1358e20344164f5e7c016162f52aa146.jpg98dcc9e3aec64e75322951bc3d458db3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

SSht93 that turkey really looks yummy nice cook! Would you please send me a picture I can download and send to my daughter? She doesn’t know what a spat scotched turkey looks like and yours looks perfect.

Hi Bruce. The legs actually fell off so I had to stage them for these pics lol. You should be able to tap (or click) on these pics and save them to your device. If it doesn’t work I can try sending them to you.

Spatchcock really is the way to go. The flavors and juices lock in and cook time is reduced in half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Kimchi pancakes whoooooow! Mac I love kimchi did you make it yourself? Bet they were good. 

Thanks, Bruce, my friend made the kimchi so it was very gooooooood. 

Here is the recipe I used for the pancakes. I changed the oil for cooking and use sesame oil for more flavour.

Kimchi Pancakes

Kimchijeon made with chopped kimchi

Yield: 2-4 servings https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/kimchijeon

Ingredients: Kimchi, onion, salt, sugar, flour, vegetable oil.

Directions

1.   In a bowl, place 1 cup of chopped kimchi, 3 tbs of kimchi juice, 2 tbs chopped onion, ½ ts salt, ½ ts sugar, ½ cup flour (all-purpose flour), and ¼ cup of water and mix it well with a spoon.
Heat up a 12 inch non-stick pan over medium high heat and drizzle about 2 tbs grape seed oil.

2.   Place the mixture of kimchi pancake batter on the pan and spread it thinly (that is very important) and evenly with a spoon.

3.   Cook it for 1 to 1½ minutes until the bottom gets golden brown and crispy.

4.   Turn it over with a spatula or flip it.
Lower the heat to medium and cook for another 1½ minutes.

5.   Turn it over one more time and cook for 30 seconds before transferring it to a serving plate.
*tip: Serve it right out of the pan or cool it down and cut it into bite size to serve.

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1