BIGSHEP

Hello from the 757 area of VA

Hello everyone

I have been cooking on a Weber (WSM) for many years. I have never used, eaten any food from a Kamado grill. All of my friends have and use various types and name brand smokers/grills. I do want to purchase a Kamado grill. I want to purchase a Kamado because I feel you can do everything smoke, grill and bake on them. I have searched the web and researched other Kamado brands Primo, Saffire, KJ, Monolith and Blaze. I am here to gain knowledge about the product. I have been lurking around here viewing the topics looking at the pictures of peoples KKs (very impressive setups) and I decided to introduce myself and not feel as though I am sneaking around. Background I am married two sons, one rotty also I am a retired Senior Chief Petty Officer from the United States Navy. (26yrs)

• Like 2

First of all, thank you for your service.

Second, if you are considering a Kamado grill, you've come to the right place. The kk is simply the finest Kamado, and one of the finest grills of any kind available. The construction is far superior to all others, you'll never hear of broken bands, cracked fireboxes, broken domes or bottoms, warped grates, and so on. Look closely at pictures of both the kk, and any competitor, and the differences start to jump out at you. Watch you tube videos of people using their grills, and you'll see things like the kk lid lifting itself, the quality of the stainless grates, and the multiple cooking levels.

With every kk you also get another advantage no other company can offer. Before you even buy your grill, you get the support of the owner of the company, Dennis Linkletter, plus he's with you along the entire journey. From purchase, to shipping, delivery, and set up, even some discussions on cooking, he's available.

You simply won't hear much about warranty claims with kks, but if you do, it's about how quickly, and completely the situation is handled.

In all, the kk is the way to go, I also recommend getting the biggest one you would possibly consider. Or get several, whichever works better for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hello BigShep,

Welcome to the forum.  I am just outside of Richmond in Midlothian, VA.  I had been cooking on a Vision kamado prior to purchasing my KK.  It took some time to convince my wife that the KK was worth the extra cost.  She eventually gave in and has been very happy with the food that comes off of it.  The Vision has been sitting idle since the arrival of the KK in April.  Now I am trying to convince her that we also need a 32" Big Bad to go with our 22" Hi Cap but as yet she has not budged!  The temp control on the KK is by far easier and repeatable due to the fact that all airflow is directed through the fire as opposed to other kamados where the fire bowl has space around it for the airflow to completey avoid the fire.  The build quality is amazingly over the top.  I could not be happier with this purchase.  The only thing I would have done differently is to have purchased the 32" Big Bad from the beginning!  Good luck with your decision.

Keith

• Like 1

Welcome, I totally agree with what the others have said, 100%. The KK is awesome, the service is awesome and while you may find this hard to believe there is a big improvement in the taste and moisture of the food that is cooked on the KK. Is also awesome. It will be one of those purchases that you make and you will know you've hit the jackpot. :love3::love3::love3: :smt023:smt023

• Like 1

Bigshep thank you for your service to our country and welcome to the forum. I echo all the above members. Dennis is one of the good guys and you will enjoy working with him if you decide to go with a KK. These KKs are works of art and I guarantee you will love it. I have had mine about  a year and a half and still just like going out and touching it. I have had the best tasting food cooked on it. I have a BB 32 that will be passed on to one of my children one day, not anytime soon I hope lol. Again welcome to the site.

• Like 2

Welcome to the kk forum and thank you for your service to our country.. Dennis is the best ... you wont find any other company that takes care of you from start to finish and beyond like dennis does simply a joy to work with.. I have a 23 have had it for just over a year before that i had big green egg for many years, and before that a weber kettle.. when you get a kk and cook on it you wont believe how awesome and moist your food is going to taste,you wont want to cook on anything else but that kk ...like others have stated get the biggest one you can afford you wont regret it ..good luck with your decision

• Like 2

Welcome to the Obsession! We call it that for a reason - everyone here that owns one becomes a super fan very quickly after getting it home and cooking on it! Just look at how many "converts" we have that previously owned lots of other ceramic grills, Webers, etc. We're here to help with all those pesky little decisions, like size, tile color/style, accessories, etc. And, like others have mentioned, Dennis is an absolute joy to work with. Jump on into the pool - the water's great! 

• Like 2

By far the best decision I have ever made was seriously doing my head in motor bike or KK .I love my bikes and Q .had a kj classic and loved it but this just surpasses it in every way ,still have my Jr great for those quick ark up meals .and if your coming from a weber these retain the moisture so no dry heat but you can still get pork crackle .once you suss it out .if you have the spare coin go for it mate you won't regret it

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

Hello Again everyone. I have saved enough of my pennies to place my order for the 32 Big Bad. I would like to send a shout out to Pequod for taking the time out to allow me to see both of his KKs. Thanks to Dennis for taking time out to help me with my decision. 

I will call him YOLO.

32BB BRONZE
2 Side Tables
Rotisserie & Motor
Cover for tables
Grate Grabbers
Basket Splitter

Bigshep 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tony b said:

No pizza stone?

Don't forget to load up the pallet with as many boxes of coco char and coffee wood charcoal & chunks as will fit. Only way to get it.

I might call Dennis and ask him to about the pizza stone. I did ask him about the coco char and he said he can't ship it out yet but he is working on it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Congrats on the decision to purchase bigshep.
I’m sure you will enjoy the new toy and be the envy of your mates.
Send through some pics.
What’s your ETA and have you thought about what your first cook will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Basher said:

Congrats on the decision to purchase bigshep.
I’m sure you will enjoy the new toy and be the envy of your mates.
Send through some pics.
What’s your ETA and have you thought about what your first cook will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Looking forward to when I get the call to arrange the delivery. I haven't thought about the first cook. Deciding on the color was bad enough. It will be something simple. It will be my first time ever cooking on this type of grill. 

• Like 3

Well finally, and welcome aboard the love boat...a little cliche' but, it's the truth. It's going to be your last BBQ , it'll amaze you with performance and every time you uncover it you'll not have any regrets on your decision, your gonna love it.  A 32, well go big or don't go at all, kind of goes with Bigshep....yah....you like things big, great pick.   

• Like 2