RobCordeau

Bronze 21!

Hello everyone 

So I am a happy new owner of a new 21 supreme! Got it in metallic bronze, or as my daughter would say - "disco ball". I was really leaning toward a 32, but the wife was going to have none of that. But, I am super happy with the 21 - I think it will be just the right size for our family of 3. 

Here are some shots of the unloading and unpacking process, with the obligatory 'kid in the cooker' shot. She loved it, but she's 8, so she loves almost everything right now.

First cook was a simple one of burgers and dogs for the family. 

Really happy to be part of this adventure with everyone on this forum. It has been a long time coming, and well worth the wait. 

All the best,

Rob

Arrival! Yay!

IMG_0742.jpg

Not much stuff in the way in the truck, which was nice.

IMG_0744.jpg

Easy unload in to the garage (full of other crap).

IMG_0745.jpg

I had to get the crate down this narrow passage from the alley, over all of the flag stone. My first process didn't work and the crate got stuck in the doorway and started to slide off of its wheels. So I had to jack it up and run to the hardware store to rent a pallet jack and buy some thicker plywood. 

IMG_0746.jpg

Hours later...

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

Daughter was supper thrilled!

IMG_0754.jpg

And couldn't wait to get in...

IMG_0757.jpg

Not the final resting place, but good for now until I build the counters and the outdoor kitchen setup.

IMG_0759.jpg

And the start of a nice, simple cook!

IMG_0769.jpg

Edited by RobCordeau
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, RobCordeau said:

I had to get the crate down this narrow passage from the alley, over all of the flag stone. My first process didn't work and the crate got stuck in the doorway and started to slide off of its wheels. So I had to jack it up and run to the hardware store to rent a pallet jack and buy some thicker plywood. 

Hours later...

IMG_0748.jpg

Tee hee.  Your daughter and dog look so patient - not!  What fun.  A really beautiful KK.  Welcome and welcome again!