DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

The guys have a love/hate affair with my KKs.  They love the food, they love the beauty, they hate that the KKs aren't on their patios and they HATE that they're so whipped that their wives veto getting one.

Aren't you in Oklahoma? I thought it was a birthright to get any grill one choosed. You hate to see people squander their rights

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

The story of my life, Tony!  The more you do, the more they expect!  

You sure you didn't work in the nuclear power industry?? That's upper management's favorite mantra! If you work your tail off and make the refueling outage schedule, you might get a picnic lunch; but they turn around and shorten the next one by another 10%! ! I'm sooo glad that this gerbil got off that exercise wheel! 

• Like 1

Sooooo, after waiting 2 months for this shipment, my Jamaican Pimento wood finally arrived today - unexpectedly (no tracking number). Fortunately, I had planned to do a rotisserie chicken anyway. So we went from my standard rotisserie chicken (Plowboys Yardbird rub and Butcher's BBQ Rotisserie Chicken injection), to Ya'Mon, Jerk Chicken.

OK, fire up the grill and make a Mojito.

Smoking pot with the long-awaited pimento wood, pimento leaves and some allspice (i.e., pimento) berries. I was inspired by Raichlen's Project Smoke cook. 

001.JPG

Chicken in the roti basket, direct heat. Started out low (275F) while the KK was heating up to target (325F). Bird was injected with Vernon's Jerk Marinade, Dark Rum, and a splash of water (blended in the Vitamix to a nice injectable slurry). Outside was slathered with Vernon's and a splash of water. 

002.JPG

And Yes You Can, rotisserie an ear of corn! Did a trial run before heating up the grill, so I knew that I could secure it in the basket. 

005.JPG

Chicken is done.

007.JPG

Plated, with the ear of corn and some bowtie pasta in my favorite jarred sauce - Michael's of Brooklyn's Homestyle Gravy.

008.JPG

Ya'Mon, this was a tasty dish!

• Like 3

Thanks all!

The pimento wood/leaves/berries enhances the jerk seasoning, with a bit of spicy smoke. Wish that I had some dry rub to help hold the paste on a bit more. I usually have some in the pantry, but was out when I looked. Time to order some more. I've used both Dizzy Pig's Jamaican Firewalk and Jamaican Country Style (JCS) Boston Bay. 

@MacKenzie - yes, my cold smoker arrived. Went out today and bought the aquarium pump and tubing for it. My smoking woods from Fruita are supposed to be delivered today, but haven't shown up yet. I will post pics when I fire that puppy up! Thinking a nice piece of smoked salmon. 

• Like 1

Can you  give me any tips on the pump and tubing, were you able to get silicone tubing to fit? Is the tubing size dependent upon the pump or the smoking machine? You can tell I don't know what's what as I don't have the smoking machine yet. I  want to be prepared when it arrives. Nothing worse than getting a new tool and not have the accessories to make it work. :)

Bought the pump and tubing at PetSmart. I got this one, as it was the right flow rate recommended by Dennis.

http://www.petsmart.com/supplies/air-pumps-air-stones/top-fin-aquarium-air-pump-zid36-16855/cat-36-catid-300087?var_id=36-16855&_t=pfm%3Dsearch%26pfmvalue%3Dfaceted

Here's the tubing. I took the smoke gun piece with me so that I could make sure that it fit. It does. While it's silicon, I'm not sure about it's temperature rating. But for as cheap as it is, I'll give it a test run.

http://www.petsmart.com/supplies/air-pumps-air-stones/top-fin-8-foot-silicone-airline-tubing-zid36-5098501/cat-36-catid-300087

Since the pump is a dual output, I also picked up this t-connection. I have enough tubing to splice the 2 outputs together with this and ensure maximum air flow to the smoker.

http://www.petsmart.com/supplies/air-pumps-air-stones/top-fin-metal-t-valve-zid36-5098116/cat-36-catid-300087?_t=pfm%3Dsearch

All tolled, I'm out less than $30 US. YMMV