MacKenzie

Monster Grilled Cheese Burger

wow that looks unreal MacKenzie. Especially when it was cooked out side when its snowing!

Cant beat a good burger on the BBQ.

I am guessing (as i have not cooked a burger on my komodo yet), that you are just cooking on the top grill with an open flame? no head deflector of sorts? What temp do you like to cook your burgers at?

Thanks.

I am guessing (as i have not cooked a burger on my komodo yet), that you are just cooking on the top grill with an open flame? no head deflector of sorts? What temp do you like to cook your burgers at?

You are so right, burgers are one of the best things to grill. :) I just set them on the main grate and the temp. was about 275-300F. No heat deflector needed at those temps and distance from the fire. I use a needle probe to keep track of the temp. while I just sit back and relax.:) The meat is meat that I have ground and I usually pull the burgers just shy of 160F.

There was one patty left so here's a rerun cheeseburger lunch. :) :) :)

x7AMUwg.jpg

Plus I made more pretzel bites this morning. After sampling 3 or 4 I thought I'd put a couple on a plate for a pix. they are so good. This time I'm not putting the salt on until I am going to eat them. If you put it on too early it will dissolve.

On the plate is also some very hot chili con queso.

nLyBOQ2.jpg

You are so right, burgers are one of the best things to grill. :) I just set them on the main grate and the temp. was about 275-300F. No heat deflector needed at those temps and distance from the fire. I use a needle probe to keep track of the temp. while I just sit back and relax. :) The meat is meat that I have ground and I usually pull the burgers just shy of 160F.

Awesome thanks MacKenzie. I will be giving some burgers ago this weekend i suspect.

Do you light the fire in multiple places when you are just doing a quick cook like this? Seems like im going to have to experiment with the fire for these types of cooks.

Im hungry already :)

Thanks so much, MacKenzie. The pictures are gorgeous, and I really appreciate the cooking details. Things that might seem "Common Knowledge" to people who have been doing this for a while, are important details to those of us who are new.

After seeing those pictures, I'm anxious to try it myself. Yummy!

Geo, thank you:) I appreciate your comments.  I am new to KK cooking and sure am having fun with it. :) I've been a long time ceramic grill cooker but this refractory cooker is the cat's meow.:)  I think if I uped the heat I would cook the burgers on the upper grill and they would be fantastic. Most times I just want to enjoy the process and so I'm in no rush. I hope you post pixs of your weekend cook.