DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

My turn to try chicken shawarma on the trompo.
Used recipe recently posted. With kefta (little Libanese store made), fingerling potatoes, taboule salad and tzatziki. Wonderful dinner.
ad512b66fbc4ab4c5fd28aaf0ad33410.jpg
c04b2435cf6a40c7d8b2996f9ce37b6b.jpg
a9f9cfbbddad8b97e3cdc1bb85447a7d.jpg
039c6d37b72d1cf5c37c3a9d489d42d3.jpg
bc7a6bdc03e21ae7f444494a92dd3ac5.jpg
Sorry for the Dark outside picts. My outdoor kitchen with proper lightning is planned for june.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 7

2 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Troble, tell me you picked that rosemary and thyme from your herb garden. :smt055

The rosemary yes. The thyme no. Thyme plant didn’t like the winter. There’s is one tiny stalk left with some new growth showing so I’ve left it but it has nothing to pick 

harvesting some potatoes today though which will be fun with the girls. been battling raccoons lately who’ve been coming in nightly to dig up my yard and drink from my pool. Sprayed some mountain lion pee around my property yesterday. No visit from the raccoon last night. Not sure predator pee can solve your bear problem.....

Edited by Troble
  • Like 2

[mention=3735]Bruine[/mention] nice job! Looks tasty. What kind of meat is that chicken breast?

Yes, chicken breast. I would have liked to have chicken thigh too, but that was what Mrs Bruine found. However, it was all moist and tasteful anyway

[mention=3735]Bruine[/mention]i started with a mixture of breast and thighs a now I’m 100% thighs. Glad you took the plunge. It’s a real fun and can be a pretty healthy meal 

I will certainly have occasions to try it, since it was really fun and I’m very happy with the result.

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

@Troble, that's odd about your thyme because if there is one herb that can survive the winter in my garden it's thyme and my winter has to be a lot worse than yours. I bet the girls will enjoy digging up those potatoes. It's like finding treasures. :-D

Yeah that is weird. It’s lemon thyme so not sure if that has anything to do with it. It’s weird I used it maybe in November and it never grew back. It just had one tiny stalk with a few small leaves for 3 months, but it’s starting to show some life now....go figure. 

I started  strawberries, cherry tomatoes, San Marco tomatoes. cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, red/yellow/green bell peppers, jalapeño, sweet peppers and aji amarillo a couple weeks ago. The high heat this week got some of the peppers to start sprouting. Looking forward to making my own pizza sauce with tomatoes from the garden 

I had to cut all the baby fruit from my mango, avocado, peach and apple trees. Wanted them to focus on branch and root growth but they were prolific in flowering, so all in all garden is coming along quite well 

76D6B875-CAF1-45AD-AFF7-B2B4A516E817.jpeg

Edited by Troble
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bruine said:

I will certainly have occasions to try it, since it was really fun and I’m very happy with the result.

You’re off to a great start. One thing to consider that I’ve been playing with is using a heat shield between the flames and trompo king on the lower grate. Would be curious to hear if you think it helps the carvings not burn in the collection plate.... @tekoboand I have been discussing this recently 

Congrats on an excellent cook 

Yeah that is weird. It’s lemon thyme so not sure if that has anything to do with it. It’s weird I used it maybe in November and it never grew back. It just had one tiny stalk with a few small leaves for 3 months, but it’s starting to show some life now....go figure. 

I started  strawberries, cherry tomatoes, San Marco tomatoes. cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, red/yellow/green bell peppers, jalapeño, sweet peppers and aji amarillo a couple weeks ago. The high heat this week got some of the peppers to start sprouting. Looking forward to making my own pizza sauce with tomatoes from the garden 
I had to cut all the baby fruit from my mango, avocado, peach and apple trees. Wanted them to focus on branch and root growth but they were prolific in flowering, so all in all garden is coming along quite well 

There is a lot of variety of thyme. Some are quite hardy while others are not. One variety survive our freezing Quebec winters, but lemon thyme is very sensible. One of the first to wither in fall in my herb garden.

• Like 2

You’re off to a great start. One thing to consider that I’ve been playing with is using a heat shield between the flames and trompo king on the lower grate. Would be curious to hear if you think it helps the carvings not burn in the collection plate.... [mention=3070]tekobo[/mention]and I have been discussing this recently 
Congrats on an excellent cook 

The double bottom pan did a great job. Enough to crisp the pieces, but no burning. Even with heavy fire to bring a 400F in this cold windy night

• Like 1

[mention=3735]Bruine[/mention] that was the other question I had. I’ve tried this at 425 and 375-400. I think 400 is probably the right place to settle 

I put the chicken at around 300 and let de temp rise to 400. Seemed a good strategy. I could have waited a bit more to begin the slicing, tho. Began the cooking a bit late and we were hungry

• Like 1

This this totally non nutrional cook last evening, a poutine, just because I'd made this awesome mushroom gravy and wanted to try it on something. :) 

Put the fries in the bottom, smother with hot gravy, add some poutine cheese curds and put it under the broiler to melt the cheese.

1859030667_Poutine1.thumb.jpg.d448fccbcea24653d106dc048e3f9edf.jpg

1591305168_Poutine2.thumb.jpg.26932a7e9e58bd289a82efa4167aedd2.jpg

Ketchup.thumb.jpg.b1c4837ac7fd0200648482c7e5c4d033.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Basher said:

Mac I’m curious how you managed to get a mountain lion to pee in a bottle for you? emoji33.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon @Basher Predator Pee 100% Mountain Lion... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AL6C14U?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I did ask the same thing though. Unfortunately freaking raccoon was back so mountain lion peed proved effective for one night.....grrrr

• Like 1