bosco

Deep dish inspired by ckreef

Thanks to ckreef I have spent the past week researching and learning how to make deep dish.  I have learned that Chicago has various pizza styles ie thin crust, deep dish and stuffed crust.  

I have finally perfected my sauce and it is where I want it to be.  My bread making adventure last year has taught me more about dough and this Chicago dough was pretty darn good.  

I strayed from from the traditional Chicago style a bit and didn't do the sausage layer.  I added my favourite topping combo.  Pepperoni, mushroom, green olive, hot peppers.  

Onto the komodo Kamado at 450 degrees for 45 min.  

I can can say for certain that this is the best thing that I have ever cooked since I started cooking 5 years ago.  

I wish that I had my better camera out for these shots but the iPhone will have to do for now.  Can't wait to do this again.  

Next time i will pre cook my mushrooms and dry the olives and peppers better to prevent the juices from pooling 

miywobradfq3.jpeg

image.jpeg

crffrkclcza7.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3