DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

arrugula.thumb.jpeg.8d263f55fc25b9db38dc814c3e8bb7b3.jpeg

KatakuchiSuribachiSurikogiSet.png.c9c180c50ae2bb730506eff978a656db.png

Katakuchi Suribachi & Surikogi Set

Last night's KK cook was a pair of white arrugula pizzas. Arrugula from our garden, that wasn't going to wait.

We like a crisp, almost cracker crust from whole grain, as one approach to pizza. Last night I made a small change to my technique, that I quite liked: Dress the arrugula with the olive oil topping, and spread onto a dry pizza. This was easier than tugging oil across the crust itself (yes, not that challenging, but this was noticeably easier). It seems the crust had more chance to breathe as it baked.

I briefly microwaved a few cloves of garlic, and mashed this in my favorite suribachi (I have all three sizes but I regularly gift the middle one as most used) with olive oil, preserved lemon, black pepper and maras pepper.

If one leaves out preserved lemon, add salt.

Edited by Syzygies
  • Like 3

On 6/17/2024 at 4:27 PM, tony b said:

For all my BBQ friends in the UK (and elsewhere), last night was Bangers & Mashed night. Local sausages (Beer and Jalapeno-Cheddar) on the KK. Mashed potatoes, with onion & mushroom gravy. And, of course, mushy peas!

Yay!  Nothing beats a good bangers and mash meal.  Except, maybe, toad-in-the-hole!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Time for a bit of a ‘mixed grill’ tonight.

Corn, yellow squash, small red capsicums, large mushrooms, country suasage links, smash burgers, chicken satay skewers, lamb kofta skewers and a couple of scotch fillet steaks. Nice mix for us and the kids- ended up using most the the 32BB lower grate real estate. Great success as always…

IMG_8662.jpeg

IMG_8663.jpeg

IMG_8665.jpeg

• Like 9

14 hours ago, tony b said:

@tekobo - just curious as to why the pan? Saving the drippings for something?

Yes, to pour on the chicken and brat kartoffeln that went with it.  That is the most delicious chicken fat you will ever eat!

• Thanks 1

A couple chickens for Saturday dinner, with lots of leftovers lol I tried the upper grate to render the skin better for the first time and it worked great. But the skin was done before the meat so i flipped that grate and lowered the temp for the last 20 minutes to prevent burning. I think next tiime i will go upper grate but lower my temp to 350 instead of 385 ish. But the results were fantastic, one sauced with Kosmo's cherry Habanero BBQ sauce, its a winner. As in winner winner chicken dinner  :) 

IMG_2946.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg

Edited by C6Bill
  • Like 6

Neglected beds of Zucchini have large veggies on the vine, they're not the best once past a size and often overlooked . I scoop out the inards seeds and create the cavity where you can make the stuffing of choice. Today it was a Mexican base with a triple chesse topping and then drizzled with a marinara sauce. 

DSCF4280.JPG

DSCF4283.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 6

A Mediterranean Sunday dinner here in New England. Salmon with herbs, capers and some veggies with a good olive oil. The rice took on 3 countries, Italy, Spain and Portugal having Linguica, sweet sausage, Sazon, marinara, mozzarella and a host of herbs. Some Cerignola olives for color. Cooked in the KK with a chunk of cherry.

DSCF4284.JPG

DSCF4285 - Copy.JPG

DSCF4286 - Copy.JPG

DSCF4287 - Copy.JPG

DSCF4292 - Copy.JPG

• Like 7

Went to a graduation/off to boot camp party yesterday so I decided to bring some pork and bread along with homemade pickles for pulled pork sandwiches. It was really hot outside but everyone still had a good time

IMG_0098.jpeg

IMG_0099.jpeg

IMG_0100.jpeg

• Like 7

I made prosciutto-wrapped figs with goat cheese and chicken taquitos with Hatch chile pesto last night for dinner. Turned out pretty tasty.

I seared the prosciutto figs on the grates then transferred them to a mini roasting pan to finish.

IMG_5269.thumb.jpeg.d4e4dfc206caa27f11dcd737f964ba1f.jpeg

Plated with lettuce, cheese, red salsa, and sour cream (for the taquitos, not the figs...)

IMG_5270.thumb.jpeg.7809311d4e54f5a779d6f059e4f3116b.jpeg

• Like 6