DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Flat iron steak two ways. One with Worcester & Montreal steak seasoning, the other with a Peruvian rub of Salt, garlic powder, cumin, aji Amarillo & aji panca

roasted potatoes tossed in duck fat, truffle salt, rosemary & thyme

Caesar salad 

chimmichuri 

IMG_8271.jpeg

IMG_8272.jpeg

• Like 8

Since the temperature finally got up over freezing yesterday, i cooked some chicken breasts for dinner last night and future chicken Caesar salad tomorrow night. One pair used Jack Stack BBQ rub (dark color) and the other pair (for the salad) used Blues Hog High Flyin' Chicken rub (light color).

IMG_5095.thumb.jpeg.38d759c7c9a99318312dbc944255342c.jpeg

Chicken with Jack Stack rub, truffle spice roasted potatoes, green beans with bacon and onion, baguette. 

IMG_5096.thumb.jpeg.1db1d8795aba0e09021eb29fba606684.jpeg

Very tasty.

• Like 6

When we see the Kansas City Chiefs playing in freezing weather we forget that they just have a few hours of work in the snow.   People like @jonj have to live with it day in day out.  Brrrrrrr.  Good luck tonight in Baltimore!

Cooked mackerel on the 23 for lunch yesterday.  Indonesian spicing, including coconut paste.  It stuck at first but I left it for 3 minutes before moving and all was good. 

image.thumb.jpeg.739493282a3404c12259f2186038947c.jpeg

I then cooked this matambre (piece of veal skirt) low and slow on the KK before smothering it in sauce and cheese and putting it under the grill to make a Meatzza. No carb yumminess!

image.thumb.jpeg.544151440acfcf270d15e8061d558b77.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cced38d3ec20a6a8c906a12c6d783643.jpeg

• Like 8

On 1/28/2024 at 2:26 PM, tekobo said:

I then cooked this matambre (piece of veal skirt) low and slow on the KK before smothering it in sauce and cheese and putting it under the grill to make a Meatzza. No carb yumminess!

image.thumb.jpeg.cced38d3ec20a6a8c906a12c6d783643.jpeg

Oh you can bet i'll be stealing that idea !!!!!

• Haha 3

And I'll be stealing it back @C6Bill!  I found out about meat pizza when I was searching online for how best to cook a matambre.  I have tried it twice and both times the meat has not been as tender as I would have liked.  Next try is going to be with a nice flat iron steak.  Drooling at the thought. 

• Haha 1