DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

@Basher - hope your KK is in a nice protected spot during all this renovation? I'd hate to have something happen to it. 

@Troble - my "go to" chicken salad recipe - leftover roasted chicken, chopped celery, diced red onion, seedless red grapes (halved), chopped cashews. Dressing is mayo (Duke's of course!), white wine vinegar, tarragon, curry powder, celery seeds, white pepper, purple crack and flaked salt. 

@Aussie Ora - that tomahawk steak looks amazing! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't quite sure what I wanted for dinner, so the "default" was wings. Marinated in Uncle Dougie's sauce. Direct, 375F, peach wood. 

1291576429_UncleDougieWings001.thumb.jpg.0c5303d6b6f3423c0c05eb18e5dcdeac.jpg

Plated with roasted spuds, celery/carrot/cuke with ranch. Bubbly is a nice wine to have with spicy foods. 

593072392_UncleDougieWings003.thumb.jpg.9005705969a712264c2a48a0cd20bb0c.jpg

Have to admit that I overdid it on the wings sauce. I basted 2x on the grill after the initial 2 hour marinade. It was a bit overpowering. Should have left off that last coating. 

• Like 5

@Basher you’re not going to believe it but we are actually about to do our kitchen as well. Not as major a renovation job as yours but it will be a complete facelift/makeover. Work projected to take two weeks, starting Nov 1.  I seem to be following your lead on backyard remodel and now kitchen so I wonder if a Santa Maria grill will be showing up on my patio sometime soon…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, tony b said:

Wasn't quite sure what I wanted for dinner, so the "default" was wings. Marinated in Uncle Dougie's sauce. Direct, 375F, peach wood. 

1291576429_UncleDougieWings001.thumb.jpg.0c5303d6b6f3423c0c05eb18e5dcdeac.jpg

Plated with roasted spuds, celery/carrot/cuke with ranch. Bubbly is a nice wine to have with spicy foods. 

593072392_UncleDougieWings003.thumb.jpg.9005705969a712264c2a48a0cd20bb0c.jpg

Have to admit that I overdid it on the wings sauce. I basted 2x on the grill after the initial 2 hour marinade. It was a bit overpowering. Should have left off that last coating. 

The wings look great, Tony. You were even nice enough to set out a plate for your pet rabbit.

• Haha 3

Looks great [mention=3675]BOC[/mention]!  Chicken?

Yes, Chicken Shawarma. No spike or trombo king this time. Have used that method with good success, but today I went straight on the lower grill. Equally delicious and a bit different flavor profile with the nice fire kissed char. I also use naan over pita. Just personal preference, but always give that a nice grill too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Basher said:

New kitchen Troble!
There’s a whole new world of rabbit holes you are about to jump into.
From appliances, to bench tops, sinks ro lighting.
Good luck. You had better start looking now.

Everything is done and purchased. We’re keeping the cabinets and restaining them. Tile floor, new backsplash, new countertops, new fridge, dishwasher, sink, faucet new range top and new vent fan 

wife and I do our research online then didn’t answer entire day shopping at stores, it’s what we’ve done on all our home projects but she and I can make decisions quickly but we do loads of research online prior. Just waiting for the kids birthdays and parties in October plus a lot of electronics are back ordered but we have our final meeting with the contractor we’ve selected tomorrow but anticipate an early November start date. I will post some pics before/after when it’s that time 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 2

[mention=3675]BOC[/mention] looks great. Do you make your own naan or purchase it somewhere? I prefer naan to pita as well but I’ve never tried to make it nor found a good spot locally to purchase 

I buy it. I can’t even say it is from some fancy or local establishment, just Sam’s Club. With a little doctoring it is good enough for me. Sometimes I buy from a local Indian restaurant too, but usually for curries and not wraps.

Breads is pretty much where I draw my line in cooking so far. I haven’t found it to be worth the time for me. Only so many hours in a day, and a lot of very good substitute options for a reasonable price.

What fridge did you choose Troble?
We are limping with a new Samsung fridge at the moment.
After the cold room, it’s rubbish- food life is halved, not big enough, can’t get beer icy cold. The cold room ran at 1- 2c, that’s 35f. Most commercial fridges don’t hold this consistent temp.
We will rebuild a cold room into the new kitchen. Wife wasn’t convinced, now she is.
Remi it looks like the KK has settled into your BBQ routines very well.

• Like 2

@BOC I agree I tried my hand baking bread last year at the beginning of the pandemic abs found it was too much effort. Same with tortillas I can buy excellent freshly made bread and tortillas locally so I search out the proper store to purchase bread rather than waste my time with it 

@Basher I’ll send you a DM