DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

Actually I wanted to have that marinade remain and not burn off so I offset them on the indirect side and let them come to temp. Grill marks on shrimp will give you a nice appearance, however that wasn't my goal this time. The shrimp will still pick up any smoke flavor and gather that good grill taste regardless. Those asparagus didn't film well, they were frozen...oh well, can't have it all.

• Like 1

Had an excuse today to fire the Big Bad up. 

We made some Birria Tacos! Did not get any final pics but they turned out great 10/10! The picture Is about 2 hours In and she started to get pretty nice and MOIST.

The grill was very easy to maintain the temp, It's was low 30's out here in Texas today and I was surprised on how easy it was to tweak the temperature.

I think next I'll try and smoke a Pork Shoulder.

IMG_20220223_164544_1.jpg

• Like 9

After a long week of work (I did denver>Austin>Dallas (black ice)>Denver (blizzard)>Denver this week). my boss told me to take my wife out to dinner. In lieu of that I picked up a wagyu Picahna cut. Cooked it over the grill for a bit then finished in cast iron pan

Roasted some potatoes with truffle salt , garlic, rosemary, thyme and olive oil.

grilled the asparagus in the cast iron pan with wagyu juices while meat was resting

2193E53C-57BB-45A7-8992-CFDB0C032CE2.jpeg

C5DE2849-8A19-4002-A13D-18783756B7AD.jpeg

8AD18899-092E-4F21-B236-685607B7A4C8.jpeg

3AB45A3F-B959-484A-9E05-6C1AAC14A7B0.jpeg

• Like 9

18 hours ago, tony b said:

While that chicken looks excellent, those potatoes look amazing! Very smooth/silky. Did you use a ricer or a Chinois?

I used a pot, boiling water, and mixer my grandma gave me when I was 18 when she taught me how make mashed potatoes. Normally I use sour cream but didn’t have any this time so it was just 1/2 a stick of butter plus 2% milk, garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary 

had to leave the family with some food before I took off to Hawaii for the week for work 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

second cook on the 19 kk.

first time splitting the charcoal basket and cooking dual zone. i pretty much maxed out the grill space and in the back of my mind i think i will probably get a 32 😄

tandoori chicken. i am shocked how this pretty much tasted like restaurant quality. at times the skin tasted fried with garam masala. 

palek paneer. first time cooking this. fantastic naan dip.

naan made from scratch. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 10

On 2/26/2022 at 11:31 PM, Troble said:

Picahna cut

Troble good job, coincidentally I just made that same meal although it wasn't wagu, but "choice" I believe. In times such as this when costs are pretty high the local market was having a sale at $4.99/lb on petite sirloin steak Angus. If your familiar the Picanha just sits on the top, so I asked for the cap. A few minutes later the butcher comes out with a 8lb roast, huge. Fortunately the manager seeing this knew I ordered a cap and instructed the foreign speaking butcher to adjust the cut. A moment later I had a steak looking identical to yours @ $10.20. With a little Fleur de sel and ground pepper and an ending sear I had a steak that was remarkably tasty. The store butcher did this to me once before and rather than look for an enterpreter I took the whole piece, no room in freezer this time. The Pichana cut is phenomenal and my favorite too, however for this piece and it's associated tenderness I believe just a good fat cap melting over it is all that's necessary IMHO.  $4.99/lb?, can you imagine, little things can make your day. So please, go out and have a good one. 

• Like 3