DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

arrugula.thumb.jpeg.8d263f55fc25b9db38dc814c3e8bb7b3.jpeg

KatakuchiSuribachiSurikogiSet.png.c9c180c50ae2bb730506eff978a656db.png

Katakuchi Suribachi & Surikogi Set

Last night's KK cook was a pair of white arrugula pizzas. Arrugula from our garden, that wasn't going to wait.

We like a crisp, almost cracker crust from whole grain, as one approach to pizza. Last night I made a small change to my technique, that I quite liked: Dress the arrugula with the olive oil topping, and spread onto a dry pizza. This was easier than tugging oil across the crust itself (yes, not that challenging, but this was noticeably easier). It seems the crust had more chance to breathe as it baked.

I briefly microwaved a few cloves of garlic, and mashed this in my favorite suribachi (I have all three sizes but I regularly gift the middle one as most used) with olive oil, preserved lemon, black pepper and maras pepper.

If one leaves out preserved lemon, add salt.

Edited by Syzygies
  • Like 2

On 6/17/2024 at 4:27 PM, tony b said:

For all my BBQ friends in the UK (and elsewhere), last night was Bangers & Mashed night. Local sausages (Beer and Jalapeno-Cheddar) on the KK. Mashed potatoes, with onion & mushroom gravy. And, of course, mushy peas!

Yay!  Nothing beats a good bangers and mash meal.  Except, maybe, toad-in-the-hole!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Time for a bit of a ‘mixed grill’ tonight.

Corn, yellow squash, small red capsicums, large mushrooms, country suasage links, smash burgers, chicken satay skewers, lamb kofta skewers and a couple of scotch fillet steaks. Nice mix for us and the kids- ended up using most the the 32BB lower grate real estate. Great success as always…

IMG_8662.jpeg

IMG_8663.jpeg

IMG_8665.jpeg

• Like 8