DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

The recent thread about commercial and homemade rubs/marinades had me pondering our usage of various products we like. Realized i had been missing the Cardamom coffee rub on beef cooks, mixed a fresh batch for a short rib cook. Use Plum wood for smoke. 

beefy3.thumb.jpg.2562e0f5cba31ed367ff1d07344bac32.jpg 

beefy2.thumb.jpg.dedfe8c16c0fed72a6206db091605007.jpg

cook on fellow KK'ers, it all looks delicious

steve

• Like 10

On 7/25/2022 at 2:27 AM, tekobo said:

Tee hee.  The stuff of nightmares for @MacKenzie.  Red mullet cooked on the KK with tomatoes and potatoes cooked in my Alfa WFO.

IMG_0879.thumb.jpeg.c6f54444d5b59f5164a76c4b18f7623b.jpeg

What material is this dish and who makes it if you don’t mind me asking?  I have a brick wood fired oven that will be installed soon and I’m trying to decide what higher heat bake and roasting ware to get.  

17 hours ago, tekobo said:

They got very tender and one of them fell off and into the fire!

I hope you rescued the leg and saved the day. Try a bamboo skewer to stick through both meats to hold them together, at least that's what I do with reasonable success. Once the meat begins to tighten on the skewer they hold quite well.

6 hours ago, mstang1988 said:

What material is this dish and who makes it if you don’t mind me asking?  I have a brick wood fired oven that will be installed soon and I’m trying to decide what higher heat bake and roasting ware to get.  

@mstang1988 I was led astray by others on this forum who bought La Chamba cookware.  @Syzygies and @MacKenzie if I remember rightly.  You know who you are!

My turn to lead someone astray.  I bought that dish from this company: https://www.mytoque.com/pages/chamba-cookware

Here is the link to my post showing the items I bought:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Tyrus, yes I did  manage to rescue the lamb and in future I will look to either roll it or secure it better.  I had planned to post nice pics of the lamb shoulders on the spit in the 32 but it was not to be.  Less pretty are the pics that follow but I can confirm that the lamb was very tasty.  Here are the two shoulders on the grate after I had rescued the one on the left from the fire.   Top of the picture are the shanks - chef's treat.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed31770816c75d488ad0163a60b32ed3.jpeg

And here are the two shoulders nestled in the lovely chopping board that @RokDok and his wife gave me for my birthday.

image.thumb.jpeg.d7bbc9e26f9951023a1fddb188e7a01d.jpeg

• Like 8

12 hours ago, tekobo said:

@mstang1988 I was led astray by others on this forum who bought La Chamba cookware.

It occured to me that I should not lead you too far astray @mstang1988.  I like using La Chamba products in the wood fired oven but in the main I use cast iron cookware like Lodge - indestructible.  

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 3:25 AM, tekobo said:

@mstang1988 I was led astray by others on this forum who bought La Chamba cookware.  @Syzygies and @MacKenzie if I remember rightly.  You know who you are!

My turn to lead someone astray.  I bought that dish from this company: https://www.mytoque.com/pages/chamba-cookware

Here is the link to my post showing the items I bought:

Have you all had any issues with it and heat?  I bought a cazuela (not a La Chamba) from another company.  Just the procedure to cure in the oven at 300f caused the glaze to crack (two different ones).

7 hours ago, mstang1988 said:

Have you all had any issues with it and heat?  I bought a cazuela (not a La Chamba) from another company.  Just the procedure to cure in the oven at 300f caused the glaze to crack (two different ones).

Hi, I have not had any issues with the heat and La Chamba cookware.  When I am doing high heat cooks I put the cookware into the KK or WFO from the beginning so that it warms up as the fire builds.  I work on the basis that sudden temp change is the issue and that the cookware can withstand high temps as long as the approach is gradual.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, qundoy said:

I just love a well-dressed hot dog.

I could not agree more.  We were in NYC last week and made our pilgrimage to PDT.  It's a speakeasy cocktail bar with a hatch through to Criff's Dogs next door.  Cocktails and hotdogs.  What could be better?image.thumb.jpeg.7422da87992ba960950ef59a0d100ee0.jpeg

• Like 2

I was at the Wiener Kitchen last Saturday to pick up some various sausages and the owner/suasage maker happened to be running the counter. I asked him about hot links as my previous source had dried up after the local market was bought out by an outfit from Nebraska. After some discussion about what characteristics of my ideal hot link would contain, he said he would give it a try next production day (Tuesday). Sure enough, he texted me Thursday to say they were ready. 

Smoked with hickory for 2 1/2 hours at 200°F dome to internal temp of 177°F.

Wiener Kitchen Hot Links

Very tasty: nice casing pop, good mouth feel, and just the right amount of heat.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, tekobo said:

I could not agree more.  We were in NYC last week and made our pilgrimage to PDT.  It's a speakeasy cocktail bar with a hatch through to Criff's Dogs next door.  Cocktails and hotdogs.  What could be better?image.thumb.jpeg.7422da87992ba960950ef59a0d100ee0.jpeg

Tekobo, 

sounds like a fun evening, the dogs look very tasty.

• Like 2

Yesterday was my friends birthday and she always wants duck for her special day 😁 And we always enjoy serving duck on a board . To go along with the duck we had blue cheese stuffed olives, black plums, a nice aged cheddar and cherries. I don’t know what it is about the olives but they really make the plum pop !!!! And of course a small desert 👍. PS the duck may look a little over but it was extremely moist and tender, it just melted in the mouth. She loved it ❤️

5D8502B9-8880-4509-BC7E-FE584DCFF4E0.jpeg

B11943E6-1C87-47BE-A028-7B0B651B3E96.jpeg

6938C63C-7D46-47FE-A950-C7DF9F783E56.jpeg

forget to mention the boxes of zChocolates. But no pictures of those so it never happened lol

Edited by C6Bill
  • Like 8