DennisLinkletter

Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details

There appears to be something wrong with the site C6Bill, I attempted to quote you, but was denied. I think the site may be going through some cha, cha, cha changes.   HOWEVER,  In accordance with grabbing two, I have too agree...two breasts are better than one. Although the one I had was quite sufficient.

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 1

A handsome looking plate Troble, like that cast iron, what brand is it. Sorry to say my dinner was a bit hard tonight, thought I'd smoke up some cherry chunks on the off set. 5 and 1/2 hrs at 275 they still wouldn't probe tender. Actually they were a bit high in water content, so I kiln dried them for smoking chunks. My next cook will feature smoked cherry wood, you might say it'll be double smoked. These pieces will provide some nice smoke in the smoke pot.

DSCF4018.JPG

DSCF4019.JPG

DSCF4020.JPG

• Like 2

No bark on my cherry chunks, you know bitter taste and all. Well, it was a first for me, I had a rack of beer, some free time and an open road for this little experiment. Just remember now, you go to far you got charcoal and don't worry about rushing to take them off the grill long after the fire dies, there fine, they won't spoil.

• Like 3

This must be a case of, the lights on but nobodys home.  You know I still think there are some bugs still flying around from the computer clean up. When I clicked on to answer you back here, my entry from Thursday popped up.  Update.     That's what it was, the bulb burned out or my box was full of mail anyhow it's all sorted out, I think.

Edited by Tyrus

1 hour ago, C6Bill said:

After Tyrus posted his turkey breast I had to go get one

Looks good C6Bill and so easy too, Nice plate. I was Prevites just the other day and picked up a couple of packages of Boneless short ribs for a cook I'm going to do on the new cooker, whenever it arrives. The quality and selection is better than my old place, first name basis with the butcher what more could you want

• Like 3

11 hours ago, jonj said:

new cooker???

Well, if you know me Jonj then you would know I don't like doing things the same way twice, variety is the spice of life. I like quality and that's why I own a KK, but I also like to mix it up and try new things which offer comparable quality. For example, if you saw how many screw guns I own knowing that they all do the same job you'd say why. Because they're all great tools and each one performs just a bit differently according to the task. The new cooker is American made and I like that, enough said. I also gave two cookers away within the past year to each of my kids so my fleet is shrinking and needs a boost. It's most definitely an heirloom, to a degree expandable, versatile and mobile. It checked all the boxes, and hell, it been two years and I need a new cooker. So when it arrives I will take it on it's maiden voyage and share some pics, until then the dogs are on high alert for any trucks passing by, it's costing me a fortune in cookie biscuits. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1